Jaap Buitendijk, Summit Entertainment
Information for parents about the film "Divergent":
Violence/gore: Many fights result in injuries, some severe. Violence is used for intimidation. Characters are trained in combat, both with weapons and hand-to-hand. Many injuries and bruises are shown. War games are held with dart guns. Knives are thrown at people. Crowds are seen being made to kneel with guns drawn on them. The body of a man is shown after he has jumped down into a chasm. Innocent people are shot, though not on screen. Some characters must shoot family members in a simulation.
Language: Some profanity. Many threats and belittling of other people.
Nudity/sensuality: A man removes his shirt to show off a tattoo. Men and women share a dorm room and must change in front of each other. Some passionate kissing. A man forces a woman onto a bed but the scene stops.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com.
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with the...
- Emma Watson to star in live-action 'Beauty...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- 'In Football We Trust' puts a religious twist...
- Rules and advice from 'Downton Abbey: Rules...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in Miami
- Sundance doc pulls back curtain on Scientology
- Courtney Love, Frances Bean appear together...
- Miss Colombia crowned Miss Universe in... 4
- Photos: Hollywood comes to Utah with... 3
- Book review: Young widow's memoir... 2
- 'Building audiences': Sundance Film... 1
- Star-Lord vs. Captain America:... 1
- Doug's Take: 'American Sniper' captures... 1
- Oscar snubs? Hey, Academy Awards are... 1
- Robert Redford: Sundance Film Festival... 1