Jaap Buitendijk, Summit Entertainment
Information for parents about the film "Divergent":
Violence/gore: Many fights result in injuries, some severe. Violence is used for intimidation. Characters are trained in combat, both with weapons and hand-to-hand. Many injuries and bruises are shown. War games are held with dart guns. Knives are thrown at people. Crowds are seen being made to kneel with guns drawn on them. The body of a man is shown after he has jumped down into a chasm. Innocent people are shot, though not on screen. Some characters must shoot family members in a simulation.
Language: Some profanity. Many threats and belittling of other people.
Nudity/sensuality: A man removes his shirt to show off a tattoo. Men and women share a dorm room and must change in front of each other. Some passionate kissing. A man forces a woman onto a bed but the scene stops.
Shawn O'Neill is the Family Man Movie Reviewer. You can see his reviews at familymanmovieblog.blogspot.com.
- Mormons popping up all over TV these days
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid friendly
- Who are the Guardians of the Galaxy?
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest...
- The Clean Cut: Two popular YouTube singers...
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' is an awesome mix...
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes first...
- First trailer for 'Night at the Museum:...
- 5 PG movies that aren't exactly kid... 15
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- George W. Bush writes book about father 3
- First trailer for 'The Hobbit: The... 3
- The Clean Cut: Jennifer Lawrence makes... 2
- Elegant Louvre Garden in Paris infested... 1
- San Diego Comic-Con 2014: The biggest... 1