Mormon Channel, Al Fox Carraway extend social media challenge about prayer
Mormon Channel Facebook page
Earlier this month, the Mormon Channel and Al Fox Carraway collaborated to kick off a social media campaign about prayer. Although it has only been a few weeks since the campaign began, many have accepted the challenge by posting about their faith on their own social networks.
The Mormon Channel introduced the campaign on March 3 through a photo of Carraway holding a sign that read, "I pray when ..." along with encouragement for others to fill in the blank.
"Post a photo of your own hand-written 'I pray when ' statement on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter," the Mormon Channel post said. "We will upload some of your responses to our pages for everyone to be inspired by. Don’t forget to use the hashtag #didyouthinktopray."
A photo album on the Mormon Channel's Facebook page includes many of the pictures that have been shared with the hashtag. Users must send Mormon Channel a personal message granting permission before their photos can be added to the album.
A recent Mormon Newsroom report highlighted the new campaign and the goal of interactivity.
"Mormon Channel managers are looking forward to adding more content generated by listeners, such as the "I Pray When " campaign on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter that uses the hashtag #didyouthinktopray."
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now part...
- Couple with triplets expecting twins: 'We're...
- Mormon father, son say horror genre isn't...
- Days before deadline, brain cancer victim may...
- Dating coaches address LDS singles' concerns
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- LDS Church provides food, other aid to...
- Pope Francis: The devil is real and...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 63
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 44
- LDS Church confirms women's meeting now... 37
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 30
- Defending the Faith: Doctrine and... 24
- New Harmony: Church questions? I have a... 23
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Using faith... 20
- Days before deadline, brain cancer... 19