Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Tuesday, March 25, at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
Dozens of employers will be on hand from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to discuss job opportunities; many of whom will be prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at http://bit.ly/1eGcTqB.
At the last ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ event, which was held Jan. 23 in St. George, more than 35 employers were on hand. They interviewed 54 applicants and extended 32 job offers. And of the 206 attendees, 161 were military veterans.
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate with...
- Renewable energy advocates decry proposed...
- Z'Tejas closing after 13 years at The Gateway
- The Gateway adding new dining concept
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of balance,...
- Overstock employees ride bicycles to work to...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Batman's true mission: The search for...
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 15
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at... 12
- Obama gives protection to gay,... 7
- New solar energy project at Utah... 6
- Balancing act: Survey says lack of... 4
- Parks visitors spent $596M in Utah last... 4
- Beef pollutes more than pork, poultry,... 2
- Airlines scrap Israel flights over... 2