Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Tuesday, March 25, at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
Dozens of employers will be on hand from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to discuss job opportunities; many of whom will be prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at http://bit.ly/1eGcTqB.
At the last ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ event, which was held Jan. 23 in St. George, more than 35 employers were on hand. They interviewed 54 applicants and extended 32 job offers. And of the 206 attendees, 161 were military veterans.
- About Utah: They're best in the world
- Survey finds fewer women working now than in...
- 3 tips for traveling cheaply
- Survey says parents spend $532.87 a month to...
- Fox News blocked from Dish Network
- What people never mention when they talk...
- Big changes coming to Cuba tourism with US...
- It's becoming easier to shop overseas this...
- Survey finds fewer women working now... 5
- US consumer prices fall in November 4
- Sony hack adds to security pressure on... 3
- What people never mention when they... 3
- About Utah: They're best in the world 3
- A look at North Korea's cyberwar... 1
- Constantly changing online prices stump... 1
- California puzzles over safety of... 1