Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Tuesday, March 25, at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
Dozens of employers will be on hand from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to discuss job opportunities; many of whom will be prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at http://bit.ly/1eGcTqB.
At the last ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ event, which was held Jan. 23 in St. George, more than 35 employers were on hand. They interviewed 54 applicants and extended 32 job offers. And of the 206 attendees, 161 were military veterans.
- Historic Salt Lake building now home to...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a large...
- GM to spend $5.4B on US factories over 3...
- More Americans spending at least half their...
- Questar to cut rates by $52 million
- Proposed trade legislation could boost Utah...
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on the poor
- 19 Mother's Day gift ideas for moms with...
- Mitt Romney tells UVU grads to 'live a... 22
- Michelle Singletary: Stop picking on... 21
- Pope echoes feminist anthem of equal... 6
- Proposed trade legislation could boost... 5
- More Americans spending at least half... 4
- Many Salt Lake residents still balk at... 4
- US factory activity improves in April,... 3
- We finally understand what robots mean... 2