Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Tuesday, March 25, at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
Dozens of employers will be on hand from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to discuss job opportunities; many of whom will be prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at http://bit.ly/1eGcTqB.
At the last ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ event, which was held Jan. 23 in St. George, more than 35 employers were on hand. They interviewed 54 applicants and extended 32 job offers. And of the 206 attendees, 161 were military veterans.
- Lawsuit accuses state of illegally pursuing...
- 9 startup companies perfect for your family
- Chinatown Supermarket opens in South Salt Lake
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention...
- Consumer index climbs to record level in Utah
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529 plan
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Balancing act: First 'real' job teaches...
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't leave an estate... 13
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 12
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via... 12
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10
- Dave Ramsey says: Don't touch that 529... 8
- The wrath of Comic-Con: S.L. convention... 8
- U.S. economy grows at scorching 4... 5