Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SANDY — A Hiring Our Heroes job fair will be held Tuesday, March 25, at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy.
The fair is one of a series of events intended to assist veterans, active-duty military, members of the National Guard and Reserve and military spouses to obtain information on veteran benefits, employment or to upgrade their current job situations.
Dozens of employers will be on hand from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. to discuss job opportunities; many of whom will be prepared to extend solid offers to qualified applicants.
Interested job seekers may register for the fair at http://bit.ly/1eGcTqB.
At the last ‘Hiring Our Heroes’ event, which was held Jan. 23 in St. George, more than 35 employers were on hand. They interviewed 54 applicants and extended 32 job offers. And of the 206 attendees, 161 were military veterans.
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- David Muir takes over ABC's 'World News' from...
- Insights from the Behavioral Science Guy:...
- Dave Ramsey says: Pets and rental properties...
- No timeline announced yet for Cottonwood Mall...
- Kennecott hopes project will change mountain...
- 6 financial moves to prevent sleepless nights
- Netflix unveils new way to share recommendations
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- Kennecott hopes project will change... 7
- State lawmaker calling for criminal... 5
- Applications for US unemployment aid... 4
- Feds eye stricter rules for railroad... 2
- Obama promoting economic gains as... 2
- Some fear auto industry returning to... 2
- No timeline announced yet for... 2