8-year-old's homework rejected after she names Jesus as her hero
First Amendment rights are under the microscope in a North Carolina public school, where an 8-year-old girl was prevented from writing that Jesus was her hero, The Blaze reported. Heather Watts’ daughter, Ryleigh, turned in an assignment that identified Jesus as her hero. But the teacher asked the second grader to write something different, The Blaze reported.
“I think she should have freedom to write about what she wants to write about,” the mother said, according to The Blaze. “If she wants to write about Jesus, she should write about Jesus.”
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- President and Sister Uchtdorf visit site of...
- Mormon Mentions: Bryce Harper posts about his...
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment' during...
- In Germany, secular...
- Muslims celebrate lifting of Lagos hijab ban
- Does Hollywood demean — or misrepresent...
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 29
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 16
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 12
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 11
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- How would you describe God in just one... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Does Hollywood demean — or... 9