8-year-old's homework rejected after she names Jesus as her hero
First Amendment rights are under the microscope in a North Carolina public school, where an 8-year-old girl was prevented from writing that Jesus was her hero, The Blaze reported. Heather Watts’ daughter, Ryleigh, turned in an assignment that identified Jesus as her hero. But the teacher asked the second grader to write something different, The Blaze reported.
“I think she should have freedom to write about what she wants to write about,” the mother said, according to The Blaze. “If she wants to write about Jesus, she should write about Jesus.”
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Wright Words: Bad days are inevitable —...
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 24
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 6
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5