8-year-old's homework rejected after she names Jesus as her hero
First Amendment rights are under the microscope in a North Carolina public school, where an 8-year-old girl was prevented from writing that Jesus was her hero, The Blaze reported. Heather Watts’ daughter, Ryleigh, turned in an assignment that identified Jesus as her hero. But the teacher asked the second grader to write something different, The Blaze reported.
“I think she should have freedom to write about what she wants to write about,” the mother said, according to The Blaze. “If she wants to write about Jesus, she should write about Jesus.”
- Returned Mormon missionaries in 2014 FBS...
- A conversation with Mormon convert and 7-time...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of the...
- LDS apostle Elder Russell M. Nelson turns 90
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the world'...
- Defending the Faith: The restoration of... 55
- Bible, Book of Mormon make list of top... 20
- Here's how U.S. churches are changing... 14
- Faith groups speak out against Obama's... 13
- Ted Cruz was booed off stage for... 13
- Elder Paul K. Sybrowsky dies at age 70 10
- A conversation with Mormon convert and... 9
- The biggest band in the world is also... 7