8-year-old's homework rejected after she names Jesus as her hero
First Amendment rights are under the microscope in a North Carolina public school, where an 8-year-old girl was prevented from writing that Jesus was her hero, The Blaze reported. Heather Watts’ daughter, Ryleigh, turned in an assignment that identified Jesus as her hero. But the teacher asked the second grader to write something different, The Blaze reported.
“I think she should have freedom to write about what she wants to write about,” the mother said, according to The Blaze. “If she wants to write about Jesus, she should write about Jesus.”
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12