8-year-old's homework rejected after she names Jesus as her hero
First Amendment rights are under the microscope in a North Carolina public school, where an 8-year-old girl was prevented from writing that Jesus was her hero, The Blaze reported. Heather Watts’ daughter, Ryleigh, turned in an assignment that identified Jesus as her hero. But the teacher asked the second grader to write something different, The Blaze reported.
“I think she should have freedom to write about what she wants to write about,” the mother said, according to The Blaze. “If she wants to write about Jesus, she should write about Jesus.”
- LDS First Presidency calls 8 new MTC presidents
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates divide...
- The Piano Guys perform 'Silent Night' at New...
- Lindsey Stirling, Alex Boye, others to...
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'...
- New Joseph Smith Papers volume provides...
- The effect of having a widow's mite of faith
- LDS World: Learning to recognize God's tender...
- Tebow’s recent breakup creates... 14
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 11
- Wright Words: Why Thanksgiving is... 4
- A lesson a little girl learned while... 4
- LDS Church releases 'A Savior Is Born'... 4
- The effect of having a widow's mite of... 2
- Pope Francis brings peace message to... 1
- Book review: 'Understanding the... 1