SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Republican Party accepted the resignation of Chairman Chad Bennion on Wednesday.
Treasurer Mel Nimer also resigned.
Suzanne Mulet, current vice chairwoman of the party, will assume the role of acting chairwoman until party elections in May.
"We thank them for their selfless service to the Salt Lake Republican Party and community," Mulet said. "Their leadership will be missed, and we wish them well in their future endeavors. We anticipate a smooth transition to new party leadership."
Mulet said she expects a "successful" Republican caucus Thursday, despite the change in leadership.
Elections for the chairman and treasurer positions will be held at a Central Committee meeting May 15.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Man wanted for questioning in Tooele fire...
- Venezuela presents details in weapons case...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 94
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 32
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 27
- Can police-community relations be... 14
- Rep. Mia Love buying $1M in TV ads for... 14
- Giant algal bloom likely to fuel Utah... 10
- Appellate court upholds water rights... 8