SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Republican Party accepted the resignation of Chairman Chad Bennion on Wednesday.
Treasurer Mel Nimer also resigned.
Suzanne Mulet, current vice chairwoman of the party, will assume the role of acting chairwoman until party elections in May.
"We thank them for their selfless service to the Salt Lake Republican Party and community," Mulet said. "Their leadership will be missed, and we wish them well in their future endeavors. We anticipate a smooth transition to new party leadership."
Mulet said she expects a "successful" Republican caucus Thursday, despite the change in leadership.
Elections for the chairman and treasurer positions will be held at a Central Committee meeting May 15.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- The pimple dilemma: To pop or not to pop
- Dad who placed ad for a wife for his son gets...
- Prosecutors: Dad, son fleeing police killed...
- Quiz: Name that movie (filmed in Utah)
- Quiz: Who said it?: Utah coaches edition
- Quiz: Which Utah attraction should you road...
- Quiz: Which epic Airbnb in Utah should be...
- Police shoot, critically injure 'prime...
- Gov. Gary Herbert calls margin of... 39
- 45 new locations open to provide free... 38
- Misty Snow likely to advance to general... 34
- Supreme Court abortion decision could... 31
- Arches Health Plan shutdown leaves $33... 30
- Rep. Love hosts poverty discussion with... 18
- History-making transgender U.S. Senate... 14
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 13