SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Republican Party accepted the resignation of Chairman Chad Bennion on Wednesday.
Treasurer Mel Nimer also resigned.
Suzanne Mulet, current vice chairwoman of the party, will assume the role of acting chairwoman until party elections in May.
"We thank them for their selfless service to the Salt Lake Republican Party and community," Mulet said. "Their leadership will be missed, and we wish them well in their future endeavors. We anticipate a smooth transition to new party leadership."
Mulet said she expects a "successful" Republican caucus Thursday, despite the change in leadership.
Elections for the chairman and treasurer positions will be held at a Central Committee meeting May 15.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Festival celebrates cultural traditions
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14