SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Republican Party accepted the resignation of Chairman Chad Bennion on Wednesday.
Treasurer Mel Nimer also resigned.
Suzanne Mulet, current vice chairwoman of the party, will assume the role of acting chairwoman until party elections in May.
"We thank them for their selfless service to the Salt Lake Republican Party and community," Mulet said. "Their leadership will be missed, and we wish them well in their future endeavors. We anticipate a smooth transition to new party leadership."
Mulet said she expects a "successful" Republican caucus Thursday, despite the change in leadership.
Elections for the chairman and treasurer positions will be held at a Central Committee meeting May 15.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre urges...
- Deer attacks man in Draper backyard, police say
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- About Utah: Selling bikes the new-fashioned way
- 2016 Sterling Scholar candidates
- Ex-social worker to plead guilty to sex with...
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences' for teen...
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 37
- Meagan Grunwald won't get a new trial... 26
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 21
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Woman killed by mixer at Sandy grocery... 16
- Video involving officer whose ear was... 15
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14