SALT LAKE CITY — The Salt Lake County Republican Party accepted the resignation of Chairman Chad Bennion on Wednesday.
Treasurer Mel Nimer also resigned.
Suzanne Mulet, current vice chairwoman of the party, will assume the role of acting chairwoman until party elections in May.
"We thank them for their selfless service to the Salt Lake Republican Party and community," Mulet said. "Their leadership will be missed, and we wish them well in their future endeavors. We anticipate a smooth transition to new party leadership."
Mulet said she expects a "successful" Republican caucus Thursday, despite the change in leadership.
Elections for the chairman and treasurer positions will be held at a Central Committee meeting May 15.
— Morgan Jacobsen
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- What consumers need to know about chip...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- Body found in suitcase near Saltair identified
- Utah natives receive rave reviews, make 'So...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 296
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 132
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 103
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 74
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45
- Is report on building prison in Draper... 35