BYU track: men's team begins outdoor season at Trojan Invitational
BYU men’s track and field team open its outdoor season this weekend as it heads to Southern California to compete in the Trojan Invitational.
“We are really looking forward to it,” head coach Ed Eyestone said. “We are jumping into the outdoor season full speed ahead. No rest for the weary.”
The start of the outdoor season marks the first competition for steeplechasers and outdoor throwers. James Tracy and Steve Flint, both regional qualifiers in the steeplechase last year, lead a group of Cougars set to compete in the event. Keith Keller and Kyle Baker make their season debuts in the javelin. Joshua Weirich and other multi-events competitors head to UC Berkeley to take part in the California Multi’s Meet.
The Trojan Invitational kicks off with field events Friday afternoon and distance events in the evening. Saturday’s schedule begins at 10 a.m. PDT, with field events, and concludes at 3:30 p.m., with the men’s 1600 meter relay. The full event schedule can be found on USC's website and on Cal's website for the multi-events.
The Trojan Invitational will be televised on the Pac-12 Network. A link to the live results will be posted when available.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora of...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- NFL locals photo gallery: Ansah grabs the...
- BYU's 25-point win over UConn best margin of...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 51
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a... 36
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us... 33
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28