MATT GILLIS, Deseret News
Grammy Award-winning singer Carrie Underwood is set to headline Stadium of Fire, and former first lady Laura Bush will be the keynote speaker at America’s Freedom Festival’s Patriotic Service.
Underwood will return to perform for her second time during the 34th annual Stadium of Fire, which will take place July 4 at Brigham Young University’s LaVell Edwards Stadium.
“As we surveyed previous attendees of Stadium of Fire, one name came up repeatedly as the most-wanted performer for 2014,” Paul Warner, executive director of America’s Freedom Festival, said in a news release. “Carrie Underwood sold out our show back in 2010, and she is the clear favorite to return.”
A news release from America’s Freedom Festival, the group that organizes the Stadium of Fire, also listed the comedy troupe Studio C as featured performers. “Dancing with the Stars” winner J.R. Martinez is also scheduled to host the show.
Following tradition, the event will also include what the organization’s news release acclaims as “the biggest stadium fireworks show in America.”
Tickets to the Stadium of Fire will go on sale to members of the Freedom Festival’s email list beginning March 20. The general public will be able to purchase tickets March 21 beginning at 8 a.m. Visit stadiumoffire.com for additional information, to sign up for the email list or to purchase tickets. Tickets will also be available at byutickets.com.
The Patriotic Service with Laura Bush will be held June 29 at 7 p.m. at Brigham Young University’s Marriott Center and is free and open to the public.
“I share the values of God, family, freedom and country that are promoted by the Freedom Festival organization, and I very much look forward to my visit to Provo, Utah on June 29,” Bush said in a news release.
The Stadium of Fire and Patriotic Service are part of America’s Freedom Festival, patriotic celebration held throughout the Provo area. A complete schedule of festival events will be made available as the event approaches at freedomfestival.org.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: WhitneyButters
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- Salt Lake man killed, 3 others injured in...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 72
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 65
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17