Jacquelyn Martin, Associated Press
President Obama’s foreign policy has weakened American influence around the world, according to onetime presidential candidate Mitt Romney.
“Why, across the world, are America's hands so tied?” Romney asked in an op-ed published Monday by The Wall Street Journal.
“A large part of the answer is our leader's terrible timing. In virtually every foreign-affairs crisis we have faced these past five years, there was a point when America had good choices and good options,” he wrote. “But we failed to act at the propitious point; that moment having passed, we were left without acceptable options.”
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 66
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 52
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 30
- Letter: Regulating marijuana 29
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: Credit Utah's Sen. Lee... 20
- Letter: Sharing the road 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18