Jordan Stone, Danny Berger leaving Utah State basketball program
The Utah State men's basketball program will have two more holes to fill next year. On Tuesday, Aggies head coach Stew Morrill announced that Jordan Stone and Danny Berger are leaving the program.
Stone is set to graduate from Utah State this summer and is undecided on his playing future, while Berger is transferring in hopes of earning more playing time, according to a school press release.
"We wish Jordan and Danny nothing but the best," Morrill said. "We greatly appreciate their contributions to Utah State basketball."
Both players were juniors this season, which ended for the Aggies when Utah State fell 73-39 to San Diego State in the Mountain West Conference tournament quarterfinals last week. USU finished the year 18-14 overall and 7-11 in league play in its first year in the MWC.
Stone started five games for Utah State this season, averaging 2.7 points, 2.8 rebounds and 0.2 blocks per game. The center shot 60.8 percent from the field while playing in all 32 games.
Berger played in 28 games this year, averaging 3.2 points, 1.9 rebounds and 0.8 assists per game. The forward hit 40 percent of his shots from the field and 23.3 percent from 3-point range.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- Preparation, hard work help BYU's Koroma earn...
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Gauging their market value: Jazz trade value...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the latest...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer Longson:...
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 66
- Utes rally but fall short against Kansas 61
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU's Mendenhall addresses Big 12... 32
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 29
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 19