'Peanuts' to hit the big screen once again, trailer released for 2015 film
It has been nearly 35 years since the beloved cartoon characters that the late Charles M. Schulz created came to life in a motion picture. But on Nov. 6, 2015, Schulz's son, Craig Schulz, plans to bring back his father's characters that many have grown to love.
Produced by 20th Century Fox, the first trailer for "Peanuts" was released Tuesday, and it was announced that the movie will be released as a CG-animated feature film in 3D.
"It's long overdue," Schulz told USA Today. "The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right."
Schulz also admitted to his overly cautious attitude toward the project.
"I'm way more protective than my father would have been," Schulz told USA Today. "Our No. 1 goal was always to be authentic to his work and legacy."
Which is exactly what many fans are already crossing their fingers for.
"Please don't mess this up," Steffen Dass wrote on YouTube, while a commenter with the username A Wild Ginger Appears wrote, "Wow! This actually looks respectful of the source material! I'm shocked and now curious for the movie."
The trailer, though only one minute long, seemed to win over some fans.
"So, when I first heard this was happening, I was extremely hesitant. However, seeing this and seeing that the animation is stylized makes me kind of excited to see the rest. It looks interesting. As long as they stick to Charles Schulz's style and humor, I think it could be really good," Zack Paslay wrote on YouTube.
- Summer movie preview: A look at 21 films and...
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring believes he...
- 18 of the best made-up words from children's...
- Here's my favorite 'Age of Ultron' plot twist
- 5-year-old rings bell, celebrates end of...
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price to pay...
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' assembles huge...
- 20 years later, 'blessed' Herring... 53
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- From the makeup aisle: Advice from a... 5
- ValueSpeak: How did my toddler grandson... 3
- The case for renewing the War on Poverty 2
- The little-known benefit to cleaning... 2
- What does a Dutch cereal farm have to... 1
- Steve Eaton: eBay exile is small price... 1