'Peanuts' to hit the big screen once again, trailer released for 2015 film
It has been nearly 35 years since the beloved cartoon characters that the late Charles M. Schulz created came to life in a motion picture. But on Nov. 6, 2015, Schulz's son, Craig Schulz, plans to bring back his father's characters that many have grown to love.
Produced by 20th Century Fox, the first trailer for "Peanuts" was released Tuesday, and it was announced that the movie will be released as a CG-animated feature film in 3D.
"It's long overdue," Schulz told USA Today. "The fans have been asking for a long time, but we held off until the time was right."
Schulz also admitted to his overly cautious attitude toward the project.
"I'm way more protective than my father would have been," Schulz told USA Today. "Our No. 1 goal was always to be authentic to his work and legacy."
Which is exactly what many fans are already crossing their fingers for.
"Please don't mess this up," Steffen Dass wrote on YouTube, while a commenter with the username A Wild Ginger Appears wrote, "Wow! This actually looks respectful of the source material! I'm shocked and now curious for the movie."
The trailer, though only one minute long, seemed to win over some fans.
"So, when I first heard this was happening, I was extremely hesitant. However, seeing this and seeing that the animation is stylized makes me kind of excited to see the rest. It looks interesting. As long as they stick to Charles Schulz's style and humor, I think it could be really good," Zack Paslay wrote on YouTube.
- Avoid giving your baby this food that may...
- UTubers: Imagine Dragons releases new song,...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target over...
- The effects of spanking children may surprise...
- UTubers: Kalani Sitake, Al Fox Carraway...
- Dave Ramsey says: When to buy a better car
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a mom...
- Utah woman is a finalist on Hallmark...
- Thousands threaten to boycott Target... 86
- The benefits some families see from... 16
- Erin Stewart: How I degrade myself as a... 15
- The effects of spanking children may... 13
- Suicide rates spike in adolescent... 10
- ... 7
- Families need to know of dying decision... 4
- How social media can make us question... 3