'Dear Future Mom' reaches out with heartfelt honesty about Down syndrome
The YouTube video "Dear Future Mother" is responding to one mother's question about what to expect from life with a child with Down syndrome.
The video from CoorDown, coordinator of the Italian National Association of people with Down syndrome, was posted on March 18. It serves as promotion for World Down Syndrome Day on March 21 and a response to a question the organization received from an expecting mother whose child was diagnosed with Down syndrome.
"I'm scared: What kind of life will my child have?" the video quotes from her message.
Through 15 people with Down syndrome from around Europe, the video, titled "Dear Future Mother," outlines that mothers can expect the same things all mothers expect: a child who hugs, runs, helps, works and faces challenges.
"Sometimes it will be difficult. Very difficult. Almost impossible," the people say. "But isn't it like that for all mothers?"
The advertising company Saatchi & Saatchi teamed up with CoorDown to create the video.
"The chosen theme for World Down Syndrome Day this year is the right to happiness and well-being of people with Down syndrome," the Saatchi and Saatchi website says. "The goal is to promote a culture of diversity and true integration into society, especially in the worlds of school and work."
This is the third consecutive year Saatchi & Saatchi Italy has teamed up with CoorDown to create a campaign for World Down Syndrome Day. These past campaigns have done well, winning the agency 11 Lion Awards at the Cannes International Festival of Creativity and a Grand Prix honor at ADCE, according to the Saatchi & Saatchi website.
"Dear Future Mother" has also been successful, even in the first days since it was posted.
"I wish I could add a million likes to this!! Such a beautiful way to put a worried moms (sic) mind at ease! God Bless all of you!!" Jennifer Cronbach commented on YouTube.
a beautiful, and real, video about the wonderful experience of having a child with #DownSyndrome#DearFutureMom You should watch this. Life is precious. #DearFutureMom
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- UTubers: Stuart Edge performs a magic trick...
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team at...
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family perform...
- The Clean Cut: Couple compares what they...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 97
- We're doing youth soccer wrong:... 9
- Amy Donaldson: James Lawrence had to do... 7
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living... 3
- Erin Stewart: Put down the phone and drive 2
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash... 2
- UTubers: Jenny Oaks Baker and family... 2
- Imagine Dragons treated like home team... 2