Laura Seitz, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — The city’s new resident transit pass, the Hive Pass, is now available at three permanent sales locations as well as a variety of mobile sales opportunities. As part of an initial pilot program offered by Salt Lake City and Utah Transit Authority, Hive Passes are only available to residents of Salt Lake City and can be purchased for the deeply discounted rate of $350 for a year, or $360 payable in 12 monthly installments of $30. The pass is good on almost all UTA modes including TRAX, buses, Frontrunner and S-Line Streetcar. Exceptions are UTA’s special fare services like Paratransit, ski buses and Park City Connect.
Passes can only be purchased in person, and a few documents are necessary just to establish Salt Lake City residency. Visit www.ridewithhive.com for details. Also, residents who may not be sure if their address is in the city limits will find a handy tool on the website to confirm they qualify for the Hive Pass.
Mobile sales events are happening Wednesday, March 19, at Salt Lake City Chapman Library Branch, 577 S. 900 West, 5:30-8:30 p.m.; and Saturday, March 22, Winter Market, Rio Grande Depot, 300 S. Rio Grande St., 10 a.m.-2 p.m.
Permanent sales are found at Salt Lake City-County Building, 451 S. State, Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.; Public Utilities Office, 1530 S. West Temple, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sorenson Unity Center, 1383 S. 900 West, Monday-Friday, 9 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Martin MacNeill gets maximum sentence for...
- Supporters for traditional marriage focus on...
- Astronomers find massive black hole in tiny...
- Darrien's day: Controversy put aside as man...
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Bystanders flip SUV to rescue teen from river
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 106
- Police break silence about... 50
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 40
- Friends, family, strangers gather at... 35
- New definition of homeless would give... 28
- Utah, Western states say feds are all... 26
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 21
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20