Joe DuPaix named head football coach at Timpanogos High
With more than a decade of coaching experience under his belt, Joe DuPaix is returning to the coaching ranks.
The former BYU running backs coach and recruiting coordinator is the new head football coach at Timpanogos High, school principal Theron Murphy announced in a statement Monday.
“I am excited for the opportunity to be the head football coach at Timpanogos High School,” DuPaix said in the statement. “I look forward to adding value to the program and more importantly the players.”
DuPaix replaces Ed Larsen, who left to take a coaching position at Lehi High. Larsen compiled at 23-21 record in four years at Timpanogos.
"We could not be more thrilled for our boys, our program and our school community," Murphy said. "Coach DuPaix brings unparalleled Division I experience, tremendous vision and by example, will undoubtedly lead our boys to greater heights both on and off the field."
DuPaix spent two seasons on the Cougars' staff but was released when the school shuffled its offensive coaching staff following the 2012 season. During his time at BYU, DuPaix was instrumental in the school signing Jamaal Williams, the team's starting running back who's rushed for 2,008 yards and 19 touchdowns in his first two years as a Cougar.
Prior to BYU, DuPaix served as the slot back coach at the Naval Academy for three seasons. During his time with the Midshipmen, Navy went to three bowl games, beat Notre Dame twice and ranked in the top six in the country in rushing all three seasons.
He's also coached at Cal Poly (2001-07), Riverton High (1999-2000) and the University of Missouri-Rolla (1998-99). DuPaix played quarterback at Southern Utah in 1996-97, setting a Division I-AA single-season rushing record for a quarterback with 1,246 yards in 1996.
DuPaix's father is former Skyline coach Roger DuPaix — he led the Eagles to eight state championships — and his brother Danny DuPaix is currently the head coach at West Jordan High.
Email: email@example.com; Twitter: @brandonljudd
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's future...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- BYU football: Fred Warner, other...
- Brad Rock: Hill, Keeton, Booker not the best...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- Utahns in baseball: Former Ute Morin plays...
- High school football: Hillcrest Huskies 2015...
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 55
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 45
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into... 35
- Whittingham says Hatfield is still... 29
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule... 23
- Morning links: BYU's Taysom Hill's... 23
- Pac-12 media day: Utah Kyle Whittingham... 16
- Morning links: BYU letting fans... 16