BYU track: Ward, Bringhurst, Dalton earn All-American honors
Jared Ward, Braydon Bringhurst and Chase Dalton were named All-Americans for their performance at last weekend’s NCAA Division I Indoor Track and Field Championships, as announced by the U.S. Track and Field and Cross-Country Coaches Association.
Ward received first-team honors in the 3000 meters and 5000 meters. He finished in fourth place in both events to lead the Cougars to a tie for 19th place in the team standings. Ward was previously named All-American in the 5000 meters, taking home second-team honors for finishing in ninth place at last year’s NCAA Indoor Championships.
Bringhurst finished in 10th in the pole vault, and Dalton took 14th in the heptathlon as each received second-team honors. It was the first such honor for each.
First-team honors were given to those who placed in the championships’ top eight in an event or were a member of an eight-person final. Second-team honors were earned by those who finished between ninth and 16th place.
Men’s team champion Oregon led the way with 16 first-team honors, followed closely by Arkansas — the defending champion over which the Ducks claimed the team title — with 15. The Ducks defeated the runner-up Razorbacks in the team competition, 62-54.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- 10 local storylines to follow as NFL training...
- Rock On: Props for Mitt and 'Tag
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU
- College football countdown No. 36: BYU...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 62
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 51
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 34
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15