Former 'Two and a Half Men' actor talks about faith and leaving the show
Dan Steinberg, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Angus T. Jones, the actor most known for his time on the TV show "Two and a Half Men," opened up to Houston-based KHOU this past weekend about his faith and life after leaving the show.
In the interview with KHOU, Jones admitted feeling guilty for criticizing creator Chuck Lorre, although he stands by the sentiment behind his statement.
“That’s like his baby and I just totally insulted his baby and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise I don’t regret saying what I said,” said Jones.
Since his original 2012 statement, Jones has left the show. He now spends his time going to school in Colorado and visiting different churches to speak about his faith. Jones was speaking at World Harvest Outreach, a Seventh-day Adventist church in Houston, when KHOU interviewed him. In the interview, Jones spoke about how his time at "Two and a Half Men" conflicted with his beliefs.
“It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people,” Jones said. “I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn’t OK with it and I was still doing it.”
Jones also shared that he is now focusing on how faith can help and heal his life.
“I really want to come into the light because I know that is where the healing is, and I’ve seen God do amazing things,” he said.
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady hand to...
- California governor denies parole for Manson...
- Former NFL star Tim Tebow issues a challenge...
- 3 key takeaways from the latest report on...
- Picturing history: West Lebanon, New Hampshire
- Will this key line in Melania Trump's GOP...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the 'most...
- Cookbook review: 'The Lion House Cookbook'...
- Did the Republican Party just adopt the... 48
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 26
- BYU climbs from No. 15 to No. 5 in this... 25
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 23
- Ohio Mormon offered invocation at... 22
- Self-assured, Kaine brings a steady... 13
- Why many churches can't endorse... 13
- Former NFL star Tim Tebow issues a... 12