Former 'Two and a Half Men' actor talks about faith and leaving the show
Dan Steinberg, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Angus T. Jones, the actor most known for his time on the TV show "Two and a Half Men," opened up to Houston-based KHOU this past weekend about his faith and life after leaving the show.
In the interview with KHOU, Jones admitted feeling guilty for criticizing creator Chuck Lorre, although he stands by the sentiment behind his statement.
“That’s like his baby and I just totally insulted his baby and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise I don’t regret saying what I said,” said Jones.
Since his original 2012 statement, Jones has left the show. He now spends his time going to school in Colorado and visiting different churches to speak about his faith. Jones was speaking at World Harvest Outreach, a Seventh-day Adventist church in Houston, when KHOU interviewed him. In the interview, Jones spoke about how his time at "Two and a Half Men" conflicted with his beliefs.
“It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people,” Jones said. “I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn’t OK with it and I was still doing it.”
Jones also shared that he is now focusing on how faith can help and heal his life.
“I really want to come into the light because I know that is where the healing is, and I’ve seen God do amazing things,” he said.
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon...
- Kinshasa Democratic Republic of Congo Temple:...
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville killed...
- Understanding DNA testing in family history
- Sister Linda K. Burton writes about emotional...
- Tips for using Google searches to help with...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces virtual...
- Praying together to stay together? The role...
- Defending the Faith: The Book of Mormon... 72
- Darwin Day notwithstanding, evolution... 21
- LDS sister missionary from Kaysville... 14
- How Darwin Day has evolved in the U.S. 10
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces 7... 8
- Bernie Sanders supported religious... 8
- Evangelical leaders denounce Selective... 6
- Understanding DNA testing in family... 5