Former 'Two and a Half Men' actor talks about faith and leaving the show
Dan Steinberg, ASSOCIATED PRESS
Angus T. Jones, the actor most known for his time on the TV show "Two and a Half Men," opened up to Houston-based KHOU this past weekend about his faith and life after leaving the show.
In the interview with KHOU, Jones admitted feeling guilty for criticizing creator Chuck Lorre, although he stands by the sentiment behind his statement.
“That’s like his baby and I just totally insulted his baby and to that degree I am apologetic, but otherwise I don’t regret saying what I said,” said Jones.
Since his original 2012 statement, Jones has left the show. He now spends his time going to school in Colorado and visiting different churches to speak about his faith. Jones was speaking at World Harvest Outreach, a Seventh-day Adventist church in Houston, when KHOU interviewed him. In the interview, Jones spoke about how his time at "Two and a Half Men" conflicted with his beliefs.
“It was difficult for me to be on the show and be part of something that was making light of topics in our world where there are really problems for a lot of people,” Jones said. “I was a paid hypocrite because I wasn’t OK with it and I was still doing it.”
Jones also shared that he is now focusing on how faith can help and heal his life.
“I really want to come into the light because I know that is where the healing is, and I’ve seen God do amazing things,” he said.
- Temple Square opens 3 new exhibits
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon...
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global audience,...
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's...
- Family experiences a memorial miracle
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from around...
- How cemeteries and smartphones play a role in...
- Defending the Faith: Did Book of Mormon... 135
- Arianna Rees: Why Lindsey Stirling's... 79
- Lindsey Stirling reflects on global... 22
- The Rohingyas: A look into one of the... 8
- 34 of the most beautiful churches from... 7
- Jerry Earl Johnston: I can't move the... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Obama to Jews: Shared values compel... 3