Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Even before BYU received an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament, it was a sweet Selection Sunday for Cougars fans.
BYU won NCAA's "6th Fan" contest, which gave the university $100,000.
The contest featured all NCAA Division I schools. Fans voted for each round, which was formatted like the NCAA tournament.
The Cougars fans knocked North Dakota State's fans in the Elite Eight, Texas-Pan American in the Final Four and Western Illinois in the finals. BYU's fans claimed 62 percent of the final vote against WIU's fans to win the title.
The Cougars basketball team received an at-large bid to the NCAA tournament Sunday. BYU will be a No. 10 seed and will face No. 7 Oregon Thursday in Milwaukee.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25