Parents remember child, 6, who died days after law was passed in her name
"The hemp extract that Charlee’s Law allows Utah parents to administer to their children might have helped improve Charlee’s quality of life and prolong her time with her parents, Jeff and Catrina Nelson," Bill sponsor Rep. Gage Froerer, R-Huntsville said Thursday. "The Legislature dedicates Charlee’s Law to Charlee, her family and all of the sick Utah children searching for a cure."
In a news release issued Saturday, Jennifer May of Hope 4 Children with Epilepsy, said those in the epilepsy community are mourning with the Nelsons at this time. "Charlee was truly an angel to us all, symbolizing our precious children and the battles they fight every day of their lives, as well as the fear we hold in our hearts that someday they too will be lost," May wrote.
Jeff Nelson said his daughter's name will live on through the law. For a little girl who thrived on support and attention, it seems a fitting tribute.
"Even after she lost her ability to talk and see, she still loved having people around — people that would pay attention to her and interact with her," Jeff Nelson said. "I think that with all that she's been through, all that she faced, I think she knew she was touching people and she loved it.
"Some of her happiest times were when we had her in big groups and people were rallying around her. You would really see her come alive when she had a lot of attention like that."
Services for Charlee will be held next week. In lieu of flowers, any donations can be made to Charlee's Angels at www.charleesangels.org.
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts in...
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face uncertain future
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- Sandy mailman's plea for books gets worldwide...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of Mormon'...
- Summit County Sheriff's Office solves...
- Wright Words: Younger sister is living...
- LDS Church relationship with Boy Scouts... 286
- Boy Scouts in Utah, nation face... 114
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Mike Lee plotting tricky maneuver to... 88
- Profane and acclaimed: 'The Book of... 73
- Most Utahns oppose Supreme Court ruling... 65
- Does secret southern Utah meeting mean... 53
- Lee takes on new strategy in fight... 45