Jared Ward took home another fourth-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships, finishing the 3000 meters in 8:13.73 a day after taking fourth in the 5000 meters.
"Ward really had a stellar meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "He scored 10 points by himself to get our team score in the top 20. He was big time this weekend."
With Ward's 10 points, the Cougars finished tied for 19th place. He qualified for All-American status in the 5000 and 3000 meters.
With the conclusion of the NCAA Indoor Championships, the Cougars begin their outdoor season at Southern California next weekend in the Trojan Invitational.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19