Jared Ward took home another fourth-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships, finishing the 3000 meters in 8:13.73 a day after taking fourth in the 5000 meters.
"Ward really had a stellar meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "He scored 10 points by himself to get our team score in the top 20. He was big time this weekend."
With Ward's 10 points, the Cougars finished tied for 19th place. He qualified for All-American status in the 5000 and 3000 meters.
With the conclusion of the NCAA Indoor Championships, the Cougars begin their outdoor season at Southern California next weekend in the Trojan Invitational.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in...
- BYU football notebook: Coaches make notable...
- BYU football enemy camp: 5 questions with a...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker
- Texas A&M jumps, BYU and Texas garner more...
- Texas will be without starting QB, center for...
- BYU, Utah fans react to Max Hall's arrest...
- Rock On: Utah, please play Idaho State annually
- EX-BYU quarterback Max Hall arrested in... 75
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 72
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 59
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands... 37
- Texas will be without starting QB,... 34
- Utah Utes take stock of the offense... 31