Jared Ward took home another fourth-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships, finishing the 3000 meters in 8:13.73 a day after taking fourth in the 5000 meters.
"Ward really had a stellar meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "He scored 10 points by himself to get our team score in the top 20. He was big time this weekend."
With Ward's 10 points, the Cougars finished tied for 19th place. He qualified for All-American status in the 5000 and 3000 meters.
With the conclusion of the NCAA Indoor Championships, the Cougars begin their outdoor season at Southern California next weekend in the Trojan Invitational.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- First steps: Utes open season with... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 47
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42