Jared Ward took home another fourth-place finish at the NCAA Indoor Championships, finishing the 3000 meters in 8:13.73 a day after taking fourth in the 5000 meters.
"Ward really had a stellar meet," head coach Ed Eyestone said. "He scored 10 points by himself to get our team score in the top 20. He was big time this weekend."
With Ward's 10 points, the Cougars finished tied for 19th place. He qualified for All-American status in the 5000 and 3000 meters.
With the conclusion of the NCAA Indoor Championships, the Cougars begin their outdoor season at Southern California next weekend in the Trojan Invitational.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and often...
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Utah basketball team makes it a doubly-good...
- Sunday morning QB: Stars and stats from No....
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 62
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 51
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 50
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 34
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 24