With the announcement of the UTA Hive Pass for Salt Lake City residents, I wanted to see if it is an agreement between the city and UTA to subsidize the low cost of the pass.
When I look at the ridewithhive.com FAQ section it says, “No. The price paid by the pass purchaser is the price the city will pay to UTA.” This means the rest of us are subsidizing them getting a remarkable deal. This same benefit for me would be just over $1000 for the year.
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- My view: Climate change denial: Scientific...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- Letter: Next president?
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win... 28