Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
The St. Patrick’s Day parade, presented each year by the Hibernian Society of Utah, has become an annual tradition at The Gateway in Salt Lake City. Richard O’Connor, the society's president, said they expected 130 entries from parade participants and more than 20,000 spectators . In keeping with the 2014 theme, "Gifts of the Gaels ... A Legacy of Legend and Myth," it featured figures of Irish legend and mythology. The parade ended with a celebration featuring Irish food, drinks and entertainment.
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake...
- BYU grad strikes gold teaching via online...
- Searchers locate missing family of Olympian...
- Draper man dies from injuries in house explosion
- Springville homes evacuated after fireworks...
- Healing souls, healing a mountain
- 2 killed in Uintah County crash identified as...
- Salt Lake bike share program doubles in size
- Federal land managers criticized over... 24
- Renewable energy advocates decry... 18
- Habitual offender arrested in alleged... 16
- Student attitudes changing on healthy... 14
- 'No trespassing' sign may not stop... 13
- Ogden police shoot dog that was... 10
- Satellites track drought-driven... 9
- San Diego Comic-Con tells Salt Lake... 8