West Valley City police looking for man after carjacking
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
WEST VALLEY CITY — West Valley City police said an apparent drug deal ended in a carjacking early Saturday morning.
Lt. Dalan Taylor with West Valley City Police said the victim and the suspect met in a Walmart Parking lot at 5675 W. 6200 South at about 3:25 a.m. when the white Dodge Charger was stolen.
"Our victim had made arrangements to purchase drugs from an individual," Taylor said. "When the suspect showed up, he ended up pulling a gun on the victim and taking his vehicle."
Taylor said the victim and the suspect left the scene. A Unified Police Officer attempted to stop the speeding vehicle, but the suspect fled and the officer did not pursue.
"The vehicle was found a short time later," Taylor said. "It had crashed into a fence and the driver had fled on foot."
Taylor said K9s and officers searched the area but were unable to find the suspect.
Anyone with information about the car jacking or suspect should call the non-emergency line at 801-840-4000.
More information will be posted as it is available.
- 'Inseparable' Clinton brothers killed in...
- Union Pacific train makes special delivery...
- Embattled doctor surrenders Utah medical license
- Dancing stars Julianne and Derek Hough visit...
- Pioneer Day celebrations set throughout Utah
- Utah State Fairpark and Real Salt Lake team...
- West Nile activity discovered in three Utah...
- Protesters from across U.S. arrested at Utah...
- Supreme Court issues stay in Utah gay... 78
- Utah unemployment rate second lowest in... 19
- South Jordan councilman wants school... 17
- Brain injury changes the lives and... 15
- Anti-porn rally aims at keeping... 14
- Ex A.G.s John Swallow, Mark Shurtleff... 14
- Union Pacific train makes special... 13
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12