On the first day of the NCAA Indoor Championships, Jared Ward took fourth in the 5000 meters with a time of 13:54.46 to post his second consecutive All-American finish in the event.
Oregon's Edward Cheserek took first place with a time of 13:46.67.
Ward’s fourth-place finish gives the Cougars five points in the meet, and they currently sit in a tie for 18th place. He will compete in the 3000 meters on Saturday at 7:40 p.m. MDT.
Follow the events live with the live stats link on BYU athletic website.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Top 25 QB seasons in BYU history, part 2
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise; is BYU...
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says it...
- BYU basketball officially adds transfer guard...
- Former BYU guard Cory Calvert to transfer to UVU
- College football countdown No. 36: BYU...
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'...
- 10 locals, including six BYU players, named...
- Morning links: BYU's Emery called one... 65
- Big 12 watch: Is BYU the long-term... 58
- Big 12 watch: BYU praised for 'excited'... 57
- Doug Robinson: It's still Hill's time... 52
- Big 12 watch: BYU's success in football... 40
- Morning links: Utah Jazz on the rise;... 37
- Former BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall says... 26
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15