COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS — Unified police believe a man found dead by hikers Friday afternoon committed suicide.
The body was found at the base of an outcropping of rocks near the mouth of Big Cottonwood Canyon.
Investigators say the man was in his early 20s and matches the description of someone who was there with two other men on Thursday. The man's identity was not released Friday.
- Bluffdale homeowner becomes victim of...
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns Utahns of...
- Bear spends two hours trying to enter...
- About Utah: A Salt Lake hit for 152 years ......
- Crews rescue two hikers on Mount Timpanogos
- Duchesne County man pleads guilty to federal...
- Solar energy users claim victory as 'sun tax'...
- Doug Robinson: The Birdman of Utah
- Becky Lockhart serious about... 32
- Gay rights activists to fight charges... 22
- Police reviewing possible nightclub... 16
- Solar energy users claim victory as... 14
- Gov.: Elected officials need to serve... 11
- U. tailgating carries tradition of... 10
- Lessons from Napa: Earthquake warns... 10
- Missionary, police testify against man... 8