Getty Images/Design Pics RF
The Bible is easily one of the most-read books on the planet, and has been for hundreds of years.
But which version of the bible is most popular?
Christianity Today reported that the King James Version is read by 55 percent of the American public, according to new research. And 19 percent of Americans read the New International Version, with the New Revised Standard Version, New America Bible and the Living Bible getting single digit percentage points, Christianity Today reported.
“The numbers are surprising, given the strong sales of NIV translations in bookstores,” Christianity Today reported. “The NIV has topped the CBA's bestselling Bible translation list for decades, and continued to sell robustly in 2013.”
- New friends plan to work together to defend...
- LDS Church releases renderings of final Provo...
- 'Attitude of gratitude': 25 quotes from LDS...
- Reader voices: I'm trying to be a Mormon
- Mormon couple celebrates 81st wedding...
- In the Whirled: The good Mormon Democrat
- Capturing 'Mormon Faces': LDS mother,...
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar Galactica'...
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 40
- Defending the Faith: A note on the... 38
- Faith leaders leave Vatican with high... 35
- New friends plan to work together to... 35
- LDS Church releases renderings of final... 18
- Mormon creator of 'Battlestar... 17
- Is saying the Pledge of Allegiance... 14
- For his brothers: American Fork family... 11