Getty Images/Design Pics RF
The Bible is easily one of the most-read books on the planet, and has been for hundreds of years.
But which version of the bible is most popular?
Christianity Today reported that the King James Version is read by 55 percent of the American public, according to new research. And 19 percent of Americans read the New International Version, with the New Revised Standard Version, New America Bible and the Living Bible getting single digit percentage points, Christianity Today reported.
“The numbers are surprising, given the strong sales of NIV translations in bookstores,” Christianity Today reported. “The NIV has topped the CBA's bestselling Bible translation list for decades, and continued to sell robustly in 2013.”
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- LDS Church releases video, topic page...
- An LDS missionary and a Marine: Twin brothers...
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues to...
- LDS husband and father is also a firefighter...
- Defending the Faith: When the criticisms of...
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better...
- Angel Moroni placed atop Indianapolis temple
- Defending the Faith: When the... 139
- Can public officials refuse to perform... 68
- 'Meet the Mormons' box office continues... 46
- LDS CIO helps LDSTech attendees better... 26
- LDS Church releases video, topic page... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 19
- Vatican alters draft report translation... 17
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 16