Getty Images/Design Pics RF
The Bible is easily one of the most-read books on the planet, and has been for hundreds of years.
But which version of the bible is most popular?
Christianity Today reported that the King James Version is read by 55 percent of the American public, according to new research. And 19 percent of Americans read the New International Version, with the New Revised Standard Version, New America Bible and the Living Bible getting single digit percentage points, Christianity Today reported.
“The numbers are surprising, given the strong sales of NIV translations in bookstores,” Christianity Today reported. “The NIV has topped the CBA's bestselling Bible translation list for decades, and continued to sell robustly in 2013.”
- Preparing to split up, LDS General Primary...
- General Women's Session focuses on family, home
- Photo gallery: Holi festival immerses Utahns...
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground on...
- LDS Church releases Easter video, campaign
- 185th Annual General Conference talk...
- Defending the Faith: Joseph, the stone and...
- Returning LDS missionary, father battling...
- 11 things you should know about the... 91
- The latest developments on religious... 44
- General Women's Session focuses on... 34
- The challenges and blessings of... 34
- State bills to protect religious... 27
- Taylor Halverson: Learning is becoming... 20
- 'Killing Jesus' takes up middle ground... 17
- Indiana Gov. Mike Pence: ‘Not... 16