Jana Stocks Brown
Not only does March usher in the first signs of spring, warmer temperatures and budding flowers, but it's also the annual celebration of Girl Scouts delivering cookies all over the nation. This influx of cookies means cleaning out space in the freezer and sometimes finding an abandoned sleeve of Thin Mints left from last year (freezing Thin Mints is one of the favorite ways to keep and eat Thin Mints, according to a completely random search of the Internet).
These "abandoned cookies" are fabulous on their own but are even better when they become the center piece of a chocolate brownie cookie and, with St. Patrick's Day around the corner, a few green and white sprinkles on top make the perfect dessert for your next party.
Chocolate Leprechaun Cookies with a Thin Mint surprise
Makes: 1 dozen (3 ounce cookies)
1 box (19.8 ounce) brownie mix
¼ cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ cup vegetable oil
Thin Mint cookies
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a medium bowl, combine brownie mix, flour, eggs, vanilla and vegetable oil until well mixed. Scoop by tablespoons onto a greased cookie sheet. Press a Thin Mint into each cookie and top with an additional scoop of brownie mix, covering the cookie inside. Top with sprinkles. Bake for 12-15 minutes until crackly on top and cooked through. For an additional chocolate kick, frost lightly with chocolate icing.
Jana Brown is a writer, wife and mother. She is an excellent cook who enjoys testing recipes on her family. She blogs at www.kitchenwitchesblog.com. Twitter: janastocks
- The Clean Cut: Stuttering comedian wins over...
- 25 restaurants that offer free food on your...
- Utah Jazz: Hugh Greenwood isn’t just a...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the couch and...
- 'San Andreas' levels California with B-movie...
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions stealing...
- BYU student parlays app idea into a life-changer
- The Clean Cut: David Archuleta, Lexi Walker...
- Why my husband never sleeps on the... 25
- BYU student parlays app idea into a... 13
- Family stress and poverty affect... 12
- How strict should parents really be? 5
- Erin Stewart: Are your possessions... 5
- How different types of mothers have... 4
- About Utah: Reliving their great escape... 4
- Great-grandfather receives honorary... 3