Tim Johnson, KSL Television
BYU rugby travels to Idaho State on Saturday for its first away game after playing three straight in Provo. The Cougars will send a mixed team of starters and reserves to Pocatello in hopes of getting everyone on the team more real-game experience.
“We look forward to playing rugby and progressing together as a team,” BYU head coach David Smyth said. “This will be a good opportunity for us to get some more players involved and see what our boys can do.”
BYU comes into Saturday at 9-1 on the season and is currently on a three-game winning streak. The Cougars are looking to continue their winning momentum after beating No. 1 Saint Mary’s in Provo last weekend.
“We’ve been working hard and playing hard and I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen from the boys,” Smyth said.
The game in Pocatello starts at 2:30 p.m. MST. Information on the result will be available at BYU rugby's website following the game.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Former BYU linebacker Kyle Van Noy undergoes...
- First steps: Utes open season with 56-14 win...
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big 12...
- BYU starting cornerbacks Jordan Johnson,...
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very little
- Felt's Facts Week 2: Utah high school...
- College football predictions: How will... 140
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 60
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 48
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 42