Tim Johnson, KSL Television
BYU rugby travels to Idaho State on Saturday for its first away game after playing three straight in Provo. The Cougars will send a mixed team of starters and reserves to Pocatello in hopes of getting everyone on the team more real-game experience.
“We look forward to playing rugby and progressing together as a team,” BYU head coach David Smyth said. “This will be a good opportunity for us to get some more players involved and see what our boys can do.”
BYU comes into Saturday at 9-1 on the season and is currently on a three-game winning streak. The Cougars are looking to continue their winning momentum after beating No. 1 Saint Mary’s in Provo last weekend.
“We’ve been working hard and playing hard and I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen from the boys,” Smyth said.
The game in Pocatello starts at 2:30 p.m. MST. Information on the result will be available at BYU rugby's website following the game.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Utes leave the Big House with a large win, 26-10
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia
- BYU football: Virginia disappointed but...
- Dick Harmon: Virginia tries for upset, but...
- College football: Utes wrap up...
- BYU's Arellano makes big impact in win over...
- Brad Rock: Utah's Travis Wilson needs another...
- Dick Harmon: Fredette family discusses...
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 108
- Brad Rock: LaVell, McBride not OK with... 73
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down... 65
- Utes leave the Big House with a large... 61
- Utah football enemy camp: 5 questions... 46
- Go long? So far, deep passes not a big... 40
- Big plays lift No. 21 BYU past Virginia 40
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will go... 34