Tim Johnson, KSL Television
BYU rugby travels to Idaho State on Saturday for its first away game after playing three straight in Provo. The Cougars will send a mixed team of starters and reserves to Pocatello in hopes of getting everyone on the team more real-game experience.
“We look forward to playing rugby and progressing together as a team,” BYU head coach David Smyth said. “This will be a good opportunity for us to get some more players involved and see what our boys can do.”
BYU comes into Saturday at 9-1 on the season and is currently on a three-game winning streak. The Cougars are looking to continue their winning momentum after beating No. 1 Saint Mary’s in Provo last weekend.
“We’ve been working hard and playing hard and I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen from the boys,” Smyth said.
The game in Pocatello starts at 2:30 p.m. MST. Information on the result will be available at BYU rugby's website following the game.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 105
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 19