Tim Johnson, KSL Television
BYU rugby travels to Idaho State on Saturday for its first away game after playing three straight in Provo. The Cougars will send a mixed team of starters and reserves to Pocatello in hopes of getting everyone on the team more real-game experience.
“We look forward to playing rugby and progressing together as a team,” BYU head coach David Smyth said. “This will be a good opportunity for us to get some more players involved and see what our boys can do.”
BYU comes into Saturday at 9-1 on the season and is currently on a three-game winning streak. The Cougars are looking to continue their winning momentum after beating No. 1 Saint Mary’s in Provo last weekend.
“We’ve been working hard and playing hard and I’ve been pleased with what I’ve seen from the boys,” Smyth said.
The game in Pocatello starts at 2:30 p.m. MST. Information on the result will be available at BYU rugby's website following the game.
Justin Green is the SID over men's track and cross country for BYU Athletic Communications as well as BYU Rugby. He is a BYU student majoring in public relations and minoring in business and will graduate in April 2014. Email: email@example.com
- The 1996 NBA Draft redone: How did the Jazz...
- Mendenhall: BYU's 2015 schedule difficult...
- 5 things to look for as BYU heads into fall camp
- From dating advice to awkward returns: 10 of...
- Dick Harmon: Hanging with legacy players of...
- 5 things to watch for as BYU, Utah and USU...
- 5 things Utah football needs for coming season
- ESPN highlights BYU basketball's roster...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 expansion talk... 106
- Cougars say they have learned lessons... 70
- Ute football team picked to finish 5th... 52
- Utah makes top 7 for 4-star offensive... 50
- Morning links: BYU, Utah and Utah State... 41
- Morning links: Tom Hackett is the Utes'... 33
- 4-star basketball recruit Connor... 32
- Whittingham dishes on stadium... 27