PROVO — A fire in an abandoned home caused extensive damage Thursday morning.
Around 2 a.m., Provo firefighters responded to a call of a house fire at 262 E. 700 North. Flames were running up the outside of the home and into the attic when fire crews arrived.
The blaze was extinguished and by 4 a.m., crews were clearing the scene, Provo Fire Capt. Dean York said.
Damage was estimated at $40,000, which York said was likely the value of the older home. Crews determined that the home had been abandoned. The windows were boarded up and there was no gas or power running to the house.
The homes on both sides were evacuated while crews fought the fire.
— Whitney Evans
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Pleasant View fire contained Saturday;...
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic' national...
- Holladay woman dies rock climbing in Maple...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 22
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 19
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17
- Two Utah schools under federal... 13
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 13