Utah Jazz: John Lucas III injures himself while welcoming teammate to Swat Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — John Lucas III missed Wednesday's game for a reason that's almost hard to believe.
The 5-foot-11 point guard sprained his right ankle in Tuesday's practice while trying to block a teammate's shot, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin explained.
"We liked the hustle," Corbin said, smiling.
X-rays were negative, but Lucas is wearing a walking boot on his right foot for now.
"I hate walking around in this boot," he wrote Wednesday on Twitter.
Corbin wouldn't divulge which player had his shot blocked by the diminutive veteran.
The truth — and a dispute — surfaced in the locker room.
The victim: Ian Clark.
"It was a foul," the 6-foot-3 Clark said. "He knows it was a foul. If he wants to take credit for a block, I'll give it to him."
Injured players aren't made available for comment, but we'll assume Lucas disagrees with Clark's foul call.
- AP source: Irving, Barnes finish US Olympic...
- Federer out to turn around frustrating season...
- With 1-0 loss to Colombia, US finishes 4th in...
- Ipsen, Hixon get Olympic 3-meter spots,...
- National champion Sam Mikulak leads US men's...
- Past few days 'difficult' for former...
- Defending champ Serena Williams at Wimbledon...
- Chile wins 2nd straight Copa America title as...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 168
- Kalani Sitake on BYU-Utah rivalry: 'I... 81
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 59
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 50
- Morning links: Colin Cowherd compares... 49
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 44
- Utah Jazz plan to be 'active' during... 24
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 20