Utah Jazz: John Lucas III injures himself while welcoming teammate to Swat Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — John Lucas III missed Wednesday's game for a reason that's almost hard to believe.
The 5-foot-11 point guard sprained his right ankle in Tuesday's practice while trying to block a teammate's shot, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin explained.
"We liked the hustle," Corbin said, smiling.
X-rays were negative, but Lucas is wearing a walking boot on his right foot for now.
"I hate walking around in this boot," he wrote Wednesday on Twitter.
Corbin wouldn't divulge which player had his shot blocked by the diminutive veteran.
The truth — and a dispute — surfaced in the locker room.
The victim: Ian Clark.
"It was a foul," the 6-foot-3 Clark said. "He knows it was a foul. If he wants to take credit for a block, I'll give it to him."
Injured players aren't made available for comment, but we'll assume Lucas disagrees with Clark's foul call.
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of NFL...
- No home games for 7 weeks? RSL explains why a...
- Niumatalolo and Navy make another trip to the...
- Aggie linebackers stick together in third...
- Guest commentary: BYU football and basketball...
- Booker, other locals could get NFL draft...
- 2016 NFL draft: Utah State's Kyler Fackrell...
- Dick Harmon: Why NCAA's wise decision on...
- Morning links: BYU's Eric Mika returns... 91
- BYU basketball: Cougars to play USC... 49
- BYU's Kaufusi an intriguing NFL... 26
- Having freshman QBs is a mixed bag for... 23
- BYU's Kaufusi, selected in 3rd round of... 19
- Oakland Raiders owner says he will... 18
- 2016 NFL draft: Local players who might... 14
- BYU football announces full spring... 12