Utah Jazz: John Lucas III injures himself while welcoming teammate to Swat Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — John Lucas III missed Wednesday's game for a reason that's almost hard to believe.
The 5-foot-11 point guard sprained his right ankle in Tuesday's practice while trying to block a teammate's shot, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin explained.
"We liked the hustle," Corbin said, smiling.
X-rays were negative, but Lucas is wearing a walking boot on his right foot for now.
"I hate walking around in this boot," he wrote Wednesday on Twitter.
Corbin wouldn't divulge which player had his shot blocked by the diminutive veteran.
The truth — and a dispute — surfaced in the locker room.
The victim: Ian Clark.
"It was a foul," the 6-foot-3 Clark said. "He knows it was a foul. If he wants to take credit for a block, I'll give it to him."
Injured players aren't made available for comment, but we'll assume Lucas disagrees with Clark's foul call.
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big 12...
- BYU and the Big 12: A timeline of events
- NCAA: No. 1 overall seed to choose tourney...
- IOC explores legal options on banning all...
- ACC, ESPN extend deal to 2036 that includes...
- NBA moving All-Star Game out of Charlotte,...
- Brazil nabs 10 IS backers in Olympics...
- Oklahoma State forward Tyrek Coger dies after...
- Tom Holmoe says BYU 'excited' that Big... 126
- Brad Rock: What BYU needs to nail down... 105
- Morning links: National college... 77
- Nine Big 12 candidates: The pros and cons 68
- Report: Tom Holmoe tells Big 12 he's... 64
- Finding a Power 5 home for all BYU... 52
- Annual instate college basketball... 37
- BYU football coaching staff upbeat... 32