Utah Jazz: John Lucas III injures himself while welcoming teammate to Swat Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — John Lucas III missed Wednesday's game for a reason that's almost hard to believe.
The 5-foot-11 point guard sprained his right ankle in Tuesday's practice while trying to block a teammate's shot, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin explained.
"We liked the hustle," Corbin said, smiling.
X-rays were negative, but Lucas is wearing a walking boot on his right foot for now.
"I hate walking around in this boot," he wrote Wednesday on Twitter.
Corbin wouldn't divulge which player had his shot blocked by the diminutive veteran.
The truth — and a dispute — surfaced in the locker room.
The victim: Ian Clark.
"It was a foul," the 6-foot-3 Clark said. "He knows it was a foul. If he wants to take credit for a block, I'll give it to him."
Injured players aren't made available for comment, but we'll assume Lucas disagrees with Clark's foul call.
- Red and Blue Recruits: Breaking down Utah and...
- The 2014 Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3
- BYU's Hill has come a long way since loss at...
- Week 2 NFL locals roundup: Players from Utah...
- Heisman Trophy tracker: Week 3, injuries...
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty overturned,...
- Peavler: 3 is a magic number for BYU after...
- 7 reasons why the BYU Cougars will not go...
- Pac-12 trips have made the Big House a... 112
- BYU center Tejan Koroma's penalty... 72
- BYU moves up to No. 21 in AP poll, No.... 61
- Utah football: Utes' 2015 schedule... 56
- Dick Harmon: Dick Harmon: Is BYU... 51
- No. 21 BYU preparing for a Virginia... 49
- BYU off to first 3-0 start in 6... 48
- If BYU and Utah played on the gridiron... 45