Utah Jazz: John Lucas III injures himself while welcoming teammate to Swat Lake City
SALT LAKE CITY — John Lucas III missed Wednesday's game for a reason that's almost hard to believe.
The 5-foot-11 point guard sprained his right ankle in Tuesday's practice while trying to block a teammate's shot, Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin explained.
"We liked the hustle," Corbin said, smiling.
X-rays were negative, but Lucas is wearing a walking boot on his right foot for now.
"I hate walking around in this boot," he wrote Wednesday on Twitter.
Corbin wouldn't divulge which player had his shot blocked by the diminutive veteran.
The truth — and a dispute — surfaced in the locker room.
The victim: Ian Clark.
"It was a foul," the 6-foot-3 Clark said. "He knows it was a foul. If he wants to take credit for a block, I'll give it to him."
Injured players aren't made available for comment, but we'll assume Lucas disagrees with Clark's foul call.
- Utah high school boys basketball previews:...
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan against...
- Former Ute Delon Wright, former Cougar Jimmer...
- Morning links: Utah, USU pick up commitments...
- What you may have missed: Mangum’s...
- Dick Harmon: Former BYU quarterbacks rise to...
- Utah notebook: Britain Covey will not play on...
- High school basketball: Lone Peak, Murray,...
- 13th-ranked Utes go south, drop pivotal... 127
- Brad Rock: Utah Utes disappoint but not... 52
- BYU expecting a 'dogfight' in Logan... 52
- College football: Utes hanging on in... 40
- Utes lost more than just a game on... 38
- Morning links: Beehive State coaches on... 37
- Live updates: No. 13 Utah takes on UCLA... 35
- Twitter reacts to Utes' offensive... 35