Ravell Call, Deseret News
The media recently announced that BYU President Cecil O. Samuelson will be “replaced” by Kevin J Worthen. People “succeed” people. You “replace” parts in a machine. An individual has characteristics, both good and bad, which are not replaced by another individual. So when someone is released from a position, a successor is appointed.
Samuelson has been a great asset to the university, and Worthen will most certainly leave his mark on the institution as well. Then, in time, he will be succeeded.
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Families battling...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games' —...
- Scandals hiding in plain sight
- Jay Evensen: Marijuana acceptance will lead...
- Charles Krauthammer: The role of a great...
- Letter: Irreparable damage
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Mary Barker: The real 'Hunger Games'... 81
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 61
- Letter: Utah's birthright 47
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line... 46
- Letter: Irreparable damage 44
- In our opinion: Perry indictment a concern 44
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 42
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 37