Tom Smart, Deseret News
Derks Field/Franklin Quest Field/Franklin Covey Field/Spring Mobile Ballpark is again changing its name. It is now Smith’s Ballpark.
The grocery chain has become the Salt Lake Bees’ signature sponsor, which bodes well for the concessions possibilities. With any luck, alongside the hot dogs, nachos and burgers, fans will be able to order up such grocery deli delights as mozzarella tomato salad, chocolate dipped strawberries and razzleberry pie.
Better yet, Rock On’s all-time ballpark dream: a stadium-size bowl of Cap’n Crunch.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org; Twitter: @therockmonster; Blog: Rockmonster Unplugged
- Carmelo Anthony among 10 set for US Olympic...
- AP Source: Pacers acquire Thad Young from Nets
- Rio Olympic organizers unveil village where...
- Agent: LeBron James to skip Rio Olympics
- Utah Jazz select Baylor forward Taurean...
- Magic land Serge Ibaka in draft-night trade...
- 76ers take Ben Simmons with No. 1 pick in NBA...
- Pistorius shown in TV interview ahead of...
- Never on Sunday: BYU won't compete on... 152
- U. stadium gets bigger scoreboard,... 62
- Morning Links: BYU basketball fans... 40
- Sitake not intimidated by BYU's arduous... 37
- Morning links: ESPN analysts critical... 32
- Dick Harmon: 1996 Cotton Bowl champion... 22
- Utah basketball: Poeltl taken by... 19
- Sitake making transition from longtime... 19