Missing 13-month-old Heber City girl found in Colorado
Combo photo, family photos
HEBER CITY — A 13-month-old girl was found hours after an endangered missing person alert was issued for her, the Heber City Police Department announced Wednesday.
Coraline Aimar was located in good condition in Durango, Colo. The child was with her father, Scott Aimar, 31, who was staying with friends, according to police. Officials in Colorado took the child into state protective custody. Coraline's mother was en route to Colorado Wednesday afternoon to be reunited with her daughter.
Earlier Wednesday, Heber City police and the FBI announced they were looking for Scott Aimar and his daughter. They said Aimar had a history with law enforcement and the Division of Child and Family Services and has been diagnosed with schizophrenia, according to Heber City police officer Salvador Segura.
Aimar took Coraline for a weekend visit Saturday. He was staying at a motel on Main Street in Heber City and was supposed to return Coraline to her mother, Stephanie Hurst, on Monday, Segura said.
But Monday morning, the mother received a text from Aimar saying he was going to do what was in the "best interest" of him and his daughter and was not going to return her, police said. Motel employees told investigators that Aimar left Saturday.
Hurst filed for a protective order in 4th District Court that would prevent Aimar from taking their child out of state, Segura said. She also filed for a protective order against Aimar in September, according to court records.
Because Aimar does not have any friends or family in Utah, investigators suspected that he had left the state.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in auto...
- BYU conference explores what's next for...
- Car hydroplanes, pushes stranded vehicle on...
- A look at the '12 religious freedom grenades'...
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without parole?
- Photos: A photographic look at President Boyd...
- Officer being called a hero for saving Salt...
- ‘Hot car’ demonstration shows how...
- BYU conference explores what's next for... 80
- Should Meagan Grunwald get life without... 54
- President Boyd K. Packer, champion of... 41
- Idaho's gay marriage ban remains in... 39
- Former Provo High teacher pleads guilty... 27
- Utah senators seeking support for... 17
- Rubio, Christie planning sleepover with... 12
- Logan couple killed, baby survives in... 12