WCC Championship game tale of the tape, BYU vs. Gonzaga: Who has the advantage?
Like BYU, the Bulldogs only go about eight deep. Their three main contributors off the bench are Kyle Dranginis, Drew Barham and Gerard Coleman. Dranginis is a big guard who is a solid all-around player. He plays starter minutes most nights and is an impressive passer and a good defender. Dranginis is third on the team in assists and rebounds per game. Barham is a solid backup on the wing who can score and rebound. He is a spot up shooter who can present problems if left open. Barham shoots 48.2 percent from behind the arc. Coleman hasn't played much lately, but did score seven points on 50 percent shooting in the last meeting against BYU.
Dave Rose is in his ninth year as the head coach for BYU. He has led the Cougars to the NCAA tournament six times and won four games. Rose is a great coach and his midseason adjustments are a major reason the Cougars are still playing. He isn't afraid to make drastic changes for the good of the team. The Cougars have won plenty of big games with Rose at the helm thanks to his decision-making and savvy.
Mark Few is in his 15th year as the head man at Gonzaga and is one of the premier college basketball coaches in the game today. The Bulldogs have made the NCAA tournament every year Few has been in charge and this season will be no different. After losing consensus All-American Kelly Olynyk to the NBA, Few has led Gonzaga to another great year and a West Coast Conference regular season championship.
How well each team's fan base traveled to Las Vegas might be the difference in this game. Both have outstanding fans at home games, but the Bulldog fans seem to travel better. The BYU crowd is always bolstered by local Cougar fans where ever they play.
- College football predictions: How will 2014...
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars So'oto,...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall,...
- BYU Cougars video: Jeff Call tells us what to...
- Peavler: Why the UConn game won't be a repeat...
- The good, the bad and the most likely:...
- BYU offense looking for much better...
- BYU football: Jordan Johnson and Robertson...
- College football predictions: How will... 60
- NFL cuts tracker: Former Cougars... 50
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 44
- Utah football: Utes eye successful start 38
- True freshman Brad Kaaya beats out... 36
- Brad Rock: Five reasons Utes think... 35
- BYU football: Taysom Hill's experience,... 30
- Sports BLT: BYU fan gets creative with... 29