The opening two rounds of the 54-hole tournament took place Monday at San Joaquin Country Club in Fresno, Calif.
"The golf course got the best of us with tough conditions," BYU men's golf coach Bruce Brockbank said. "We're still in contention because they hung in there the second round. We're going to try and figure out a way to have really good scores tomorrow."
BYU finished the day at 24-over-par, trailing UC Santa Barbara and San Francisco by six strokes and first-place Nevada by eight strokes. After a 10th-place finish following the first round, the Cougars moved up six places during the second round.
Rodgers and Ogden finished 5-over-par with five and three birdies, respectively. Rodgers had a team-low 1-over-par 72 in the second round. Camden Price of Cal-Poly leads all individuals at 2-under-par 140.
Joe Parkinson is tied in 13th place heading into the final round at 6-over-par with five birdies on the day.
Justin Keiley is tied in 33rd place along with Stephen Archibald at 10-over-par. Keiley finished with a pair of birdies, while Archibald had six birdies after the first two rounds. Mike Jurca is tied for 59th place at 14-over-par. He added three birdies to the Cougar tally on Monday.
Other West Coast Conference teams Santa Clara and Loyola Marymount are in eighth and ninth place, respectively, in the 14-team tournament.
The Cougars return to the San Joaquin Country Club for the final round on Tuesday with tee times beginning at 8 a.m. PDT.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 36
- Dick Harmon: It's Taysom Hill time on... 28
- BYU notebook: Cougars commit a plethora... 27
- BYU Cougars looking for opening-game... 26