Chicago is shifting the way people perceive community college.
Governing.com reported that Chicago is reinventing the city's community college. The new strategy is aimed at giving students options to learn more practical experience that can appeal to businesses, Governing reported.
"The initiative seeks to make the two-year city college curriculum more economically relevant and ease the path to completion through direct business input on curriculum, maps for students that show the most efficient way to reach their destination and new scheduling that allows students to enter the workforce while they are still studying," wrote Chris Kardish for Governing.
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution' in Provo
- Low unemployment rates contribute to dropping...
- Las Vegas students experience Zion National Park
- National exhibit allows local museums to...
- Defense, prosecutors preview Atlanta school...
- 'Charter schools need to live up to original...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 78
- Granite School District reaches... 20
- Low unemployment rates contribute to... 7
- 'Charter schools need to live up to... 5
- One-third of Utah kids risk becoming... 5
- Body Worlds exhibit debuts this weekend... 2
- $2,500 essay competition explores... 2
- Defense, prosecutors preview Atlanta... 1