Chicago is shifting the way people perceive community college.
Governing.com reported that Chicago is reinventing the city's community college. The new strategy is aimed at giving students options to learn more practical experience that can appeal to businesses, Governing reported.
"The initiative seeks to make the two-year city college curriculum more economically relevant and ease the path to completion through direct business input on curriculum, maps for students that show the most efficient way to reach their destination and new scheduling that allows students to enter the workforce while they are still studying," wrote Chris Kardish for Governing.
- It's not just young people — seniors...
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Experts: Science class can dazzle with less...
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- University of Utah homecoming week kicks off
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 6
- It's not just young people —... 6
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Utah senator aims to bring computer... 3
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2