Chicago is shifting the way people perceive community college.
Governing.com reported that Chicago is reinventing the city's community college. The new strategy is aimed at giving students options to learn more practical experience that can appeal to businesses, Governing reported.
"The initiative seeks to make the two-year city college curriculum more economically relevant and ease the path to completion through direct business input on curriculum, maps for students that show the most efficient way to reach their destination and new scheduling that allows students to enter the workforce while they are still studying," wrote Chris Kardish for Governing.
- 'Princess' power: BYU to present stage...
- Extreme education makeover: Are the...
- States that pay elementary teachers the most
- Are schools preparing students for the new...
- Millennials are more depressed than older...
- Why exposing your children to another...
- 10 cheapest colleges for out-of-state students
- Students wear green to honor 2 Hillcrest...
- Obama: Climate change deniers endanger... 28
- Are schools preparing students for the... 12
- History courses remain a battleground... 4
- Why exposing your children to another... 3
- Extreme education makeover: Are the... 3
- Grant enhancing K-12, higher ed... 1
- 'Marching to the same drummer':... 1
- Millennials are more depressed than... 1