It’s not just girls feeling the pressure of body image. More recently, boys are, too.
The Atlantic recently reported that boys are concerned about their weight and appearance and that those who are often resort to binge drinking or drug use or even fall into depression.
“You want people to be concerned enough about their weight to make healthy decisions,” said Dr. Alison Field, a professor of pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, to The Atlantic, “but not so concerned that they’re willing to take whatever means it takes — healthy or unhealthy — to achieve their desired physique.”
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2