It’s not just girls feeling the pressure of body image. More recently, boys are, too.
The Atlantic recently reported that boys are concerned about their weight and appearance and that those who are often resort to binge drinking or drug use or even fall into depression.
“You want people to be concerned enough about their weight to make healthy decisions,” said Dr. Alison Field, a professor of pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, to The Atlantic, “but not so concerned that they’re willing to take whatever means it takes — healthy or unhealthy — to achieve their desired physique.”
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- 11-year-old girl honors sick grandfather by...
- The Clean Cut: Children identify mom without...
- 10 things parents wish they knew before...
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too dangerous...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 41
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 17
- Does being married bring you closer to... 7
- Nothing to frown about: 3 baby arrivals... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 6
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- This couple lost their wedding location... 2