It’s not just girls feeling the pressure of body image. More recently, boys are, too.
The Atlantic recently reported that boys are concerned about their weight and appearance and that those who are often resort to binge drinking or drug use or even fall into depression.
“You want people to be concerned enough about their weight to make healthy decisions,” said Dr. Alison Field, a professor of pediatrics at Boston Children’s Hospital, to The Atlantic, “but not so concerned that they’re willing to take whatever means it takes — healthy or unhealthy — to achieve their desired physique.”
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos Super...
- Book review: Young widow's memoir presents a...
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup from...
- Family motto helps LDS couple put parenting...
- Motherhood Matters: What I learned from...
- 12 Disney movies that are coming out in 2015
- Top honeymoon destinations for 2015
- Are you part of the global 'baby shortage'?
- Are you part of the global 'baby... 11
- Australian mom removes heavy makeup... 11
- LDS dad among finalists for Doritos... 5
- Family motto helps LDS couple put... 5
- Sherry Young: Nostalgia, airplanes and... 4
- Motherhood Matters: To grouchy moms... 4
- Does taking advantage of family leave... 4
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after... 3