Be sure to enjoy these beautiful, bright, fresh air mornings this week because soon we will be pushed back into the dark again.
Mother nature gradually and naturally lengthens our days. And studies show that an hour of light in the morning is healthier for you than the hour of light at the end of the day.
Energy savings was one reason for daylight saving time, but now it can be easily argued that the opposite is true, that we spend more energy with daylight time. Daylight saving time interrupts our natural human circadian rhythms, and it may cause us to spend more money, eat more, and to use more energy.
Let’s end it now.
Salt Lake City
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 32
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 27
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 22
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 22
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 17