Be sure to enjoy these beautiful, bright, fresh air mornings this week because soon we will be pushed back into the dark again.
Mother nature gradually and naturally lengthens our days. And studies show that an hour of light in the morning is healthier for you than the hour of light at the end of the day.
Energy savings was one reason for daylight saving time, but now it can be easily argued that the opposite is true, that we spend more energy with daylight time. Daylight saving time interrupts our natural human circadian rhythms, and it may cause us to spend more money, eat more, and to use more energy.
Let’s end it now.
Salt Lake City
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 105
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 72
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 50
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 44
- Letter: Policy disagreement 42
- My view: Balancing personal conviction... 41