CEDAR CITY — Iron County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a 51-year-old man found outside of Cedar City Saturday.
The man's body was located seven miles west of Cedar City near state Route 56 and Iron Springs Road in an area known as the "iron mines," Iron County Sheriff's Sgt. Nik Johnson said. Deputies were called to the area around 4 p.m. Saturday on reports of suspicious circumstances.
After they responded, they discovered the body of a deceased 51-year-old male. The death is currently under investigation, Johnson said.
The man's name is not being released pending notification of family.
Johnson said any additional information about the death would come from detectives Monday.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Area museums help visitors ‘slow down,...
- The tiny town that set out to be Utah's...
- Jim Bennett: One 11-year-old's perspective on...
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 50
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 44
- Utah Democrats headed to 'historic'... 29
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 15
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 15
- Women underrepresented across Utah's... 9
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument... 9
- Prosecutors say Jeremy Johnson should... 7