CEDAR CITY — Iron County sheriff's officials are investigating the death of a 51-year-old man found outside of Cedar City Saturday.
The man's body was located seven miles west of Cedar City near state Route 56 and Iron Springs Road in an area known as the "iron mines," Iron County Sheriff's Sgt. Nik Johnson said. Deputies were called to the area around 4 p.m. Saturday on reports of suspicious circumstances.
After they responded, they discovered the body of a deceased 51-year-old male. The death is currently under investigation, Johnson said.
The man's name is not being released pending notification of family.
Johnson said any additional information about the death would come from detectives Monday.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: DNewsCrimeTeam
- Man accused of killing UTA worker dies in prison
- Women underrepresented across Utah's...
- Mike Lee, US Senate to hold monument meeting...
- 7 tips for summer travel while pregnant
- Photo gallery: Deseret News Classic 5K
- Ogden man dies following U.S. 89 motorcycle...
- First-timers and veterans among thousands to...
- Man charged with murdering UTA worker found...
- If Mitt Romney endorsed Gary Johnson,... 69
- Planned Parenthood 'CTR' campaign draws... 64
- New rule sparks debate over teacher... 48
- Utah Democrat: Kaine 'kind of person we... 24
- Sanders urges Utah and other... 24
- San Juan County residents say 'doodah'... 21
- Shurtleff exonerated, but questions and... 18
- Utah Democrats see opportunity in... 17