'Deseret News National Edition' looks at CPAC and religious freedom, 'Tiger Mom' parenting tips, and buying new or used cars
On this week’s “Deseret News National Edition,” Deanie Wimmer discusses CPAC and religious freedom with Matt Brown and Mark Kellner, ‘Tiger Mom’ Amy Chua discusses her new book and Michael De Groote explains the pros and cons of buying a new versus old car.
Religious liberty issues took center stage at the 2014 Conservative Political Action Conference or CPAC. Deanie Wimmer provides an overview of some of the pending cases that involve religious freedom and civil rights. She also discusses the CPAC conference with Deseret News editor Matt Brown and reporter Mark Kellner, who attended the conference in Washington, D.C.
‘Tiger Mom’ Amy Chua has gotten a lot of praise and criticism for her ideas on parenting. Her latest book "The Triple Package" is stirring some pretty heated discussion with a list of religious and ethnic groups. In a phone interview, Chua explains why she feels a lot of the media coverage has misrepresented her books.
When it comes to buying a car some people wonder, is it better to buy old or new? Financial writer Michael DeGroote explains why the old wisdom doesn't necessarily ring true anymore.
The "Deseret News National Edition" runs on KSL-TV at 9 a.m. on Sundays and highlights six areas of editorial emphasis: family, faith in the community, excellence in education, values in media and culture, causes related to helping the poor and financial responsibility.
- Katie Couric interviews Mormon mom from Cute...
- Provo's waffle truck started by a motivated...
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a...
- Mormon couple celebrates 75 years of true love
- Demand for Ogden Temple open house tickets...
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- New report says 2013 was 'the largest...
- Local Muslims end Ramadan with celebration
- Hamblin & Peterson: Constantine's... 25
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- 66,511 volunteers set FamilySearch... 17
- What life was like for the Mormon... 16
- Provo's waffle truck started by a... 14
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Reba McEntire... 13
- When Mormon pioneers left was often a... 12
- Thirty countries require leaders to... 5