SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Terryl Warner to fill a vacancy on the Utah State Board of Education as the District 1 representative.
Warner fills the vacancy created by the appointment of Tami Pyfer as the governor's education adviser on Jan. 21.
"Terryl's extensive community service, as well as her expertise in working with children in the justice system, makes her a valuable asset to the education board," Herbert said. "Her experience will greatly benefit the families of Utah. I am pleased to appoint someone with her abilities."
Warner serves as the director of victim services for the Cache County Attorney's Office, a position she has held since 2004. She works in victim advocacy and manages educational programs.
Additionally, from 1996 to 2004, Warner served as a bilingual victim advocate for Cache County, where she assisted victims with emergency support and victim restitution assessment.
"I am extremely grateful and honored to be nominated by Gov. Herbert as the District 1 representative on the Utah State Board of Education," Warner said. "Tami Pyfer has done an excellent job in this position, and I am grateful for her support."
Warner received her Bachelor of Arts in communications with a public relations emphasis from the Annenberg School of Communications at the University of Southern California.
The governor's appointment of Warner is subject to confirmation by the state Senate.
- Here's an odd way to make it through college...
- Sister missionaries relocated from Provo MTC...
- Fired special education teacher files lawsuit
- Stan Lockhart appointed to fill State School...
- This week in history: Adams and Jefferson...
- Dave Ramsey says: 3 traps to avoid after...
- Winchester student spots error in Boston...
- Teaching the teachers: Do we know how to...
- Religious schools and universities on... 48
- Neil Flinders: Keeping track of school... 21
- Does Shakespeare still have a place in... 10
- Sister missionaries relocated from... 7
- Here's an odd way to make it through... 7
- Teaching the teachers: Do we know how... 6
- Stan Lockhart appointed to fill State... 4
- 2 movies fit for the classroom 3