SALT LAKE CITY — Gov. Gary Herbert has appointed Terryl Warner to fill a vacancy on the Utah State Board of Education as the District 1 representative.
Warner fills the vacancy created by the appointment of Tami Pyfer as the governor's education adviser on Jan. 21.
"Terryl's extensive community service, as well as her expertise in working with children in the justice system, makes her a valuable asset to the education board," Herbert said. "Her experience will greatly benefit the families of Utah. I am pleased to appoint someone with her abilities."
Warner serves as the director of victim services for the Cache County Attorney's Office, a position she has held since 2004. She works in victim advocacy and manages educational programs.
Additionally, from 1996 to 2004, Warner served as a bilingual victim advocate for Cache County, where she assisted victims with emergency support and victim restitution assessment.
"I am extremely grateful and honored to be nominated by Gov. Herbert as the District 1 representative on the Utah State Board of Education," Warner said. "Tami Pyfer has done an excellent job in this position, and I am grateful for her support."
Warner received her Bachelor of Arts in communications with a public relations emphasis from the Annenberg School of Communications at the University of Southern California.
The governor's appointment of Warner is subject to confirmation by the state Senate.
- Student debt pushing some retirees toward...
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to...
- University of Utah homecoming week kicks off
- Memorial dedicated to community activist...
- Entrada Adult High School hosting open house
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Utah senator aims to bring computer coding to...
- North Carolina court stops part of order...
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill... 8
- Chronic absence a 'huge contributor' to... 6
- House approves early childhood... 4
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Utah senator aims to bring computer... 3
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 2
- Bus ads bringing thousands of dollars... 2