Photo by Ray Boren, Deseret Morn
SALT LAKE CITY — Uinta-Wasatch-Cache National Forest supervisor Dave Whittekiend has announced the selection of rangers for the Ogden and Pleasant Grove districts.
Robert Sanchez will serve as ranger for the Ogden Ranger District, and Jon Stansfield has accepted the position of ranger for the Pleasant Grove Ranger District.
Sanchez has served as the district ranger for the Republic Ranger District, Colville National Forest, in Washington state since 2011. He graduated from the University of Idaho with a degree in forest resources and watershed management.
Stansfield has been the Pleasant Grove acting district ranger since September 2012. He received a Bachelor of Science degree in forest management from Colorado State University. He has experience in timber, fire suppression, recreation and fuels reduction program management. He has worked on forests in Colorado, Florida and California.
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Manti man indicted in Oregon occupation;...
- Inversion tightens grip on Wasatch Front
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- 7 more of the most infamous criminals in Utah...
- 2 corrections officials resign in wake of...
- UHP trooper hit during I-15 traffic stop
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 32
- IRS raids properties with possible... 20
- Manti man indicted in Oregon... 19
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 14
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 11