Tom Smart, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — Members of the public are encouraged to nominate a Utah veteran to be honored at the University of Utah's 17th annual Veterans Day commemoration. The event is Monday, Nov. 11, in the A. Ray Olpin Union building.
Honorees are selected after a thorough examination of their military service by a panel of fellow veterans, military experts, university faculty and staff, and the public. The nominee must currently live in Utah and be able and willing to talk about his or her experiences in the armed forces.
While all nominations will be considered, regardless of the time period and conditions under which the veteran served, special attention will be given to those who have been in harm's way. The 11 veterans selected will receive a commemorative medallion and individual recognition at the commemoration.
The deadline to submit nominations is June 15. A nomination form with detailed supporting materials should be emailed to RPerkins@sa.utah.edu or mailed to the attention of Roger Perkins, chairman, Veterans Day Committee, Veterans Support Center, 200 S. Central Campus Drive, Room 418, Salt Lake City, UT 84112.
Nomination forms are available at the Veterans Support Center on campus and online at www.veteransday.utah.edu.
- University of Utah entrepreneurship program...
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with everyone,...
- Top 15 states for education
- Millennials read more books than their...
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for your kids
- BYU, Westminster lead Utah in U.S. News and...
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's short...
- Lawmakers, business leaders back bill...
- Chicago, NY, Hawaii on Obama library's... 12
- Millennials read more books than their... 3
- Bridging the gap: Can empathy be taught? 3
- Va. student seeks right to use... 2
- Will year-round classes help curb the... 2
- Scholarship lotteries, popular with... 2
- Top 15 states for education 2
- Two big reasons to buy comic books for... 1