Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A group showed it's possible to entertain and lobby at the same time at the state Capitol on Thursday.
The Maple Mountain High School choir, American Fork High School Marching Band and Farmington Junior High's Three Quarters Blond joined musician Kurt Bestor and Utah Symphony Utah Opera CEO Melia Tourangeau in a rally to support the funding of music programs in schools.
- Was pregnancy rumor a factor in killing of...
- Two men charged with vandalizing LDS church...
- Missing oilfield worker's body found near Vernal
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of Mormonism
- Chris and Sally Mart create a refuge for...
- Father says daughter was stabbed 46 times
- 10-year-old honored for saving little brother
- Teen accused of killing 15-year-old makes...
- Utahns not as strongly opposed to... 84
- Love not attending Salt Lake City... 60
- Federal government extends same-sex... 40
- Autopsy shows man posed no threat to... 25
- Jenna Kim Jones: The new, cool face of... 20
- Group meeting in Salt Lake to plan 2015... 20
- Support for statewide nondiscrimination... 17
- Police arrest 3 suspected of... 16