Kristin Murphy, Deseret News
SALT LAKE CITY — A group showed it's possible to entertain and lobby at the same time at the state Capitol on Thursday.
The Maple Mountain High School choir, American Fork High School Marching Band and Farmington Junior High's Three Quarters Blond joined musician Kurt Bestor and Utah Symphony Utah Opera CEO Melia Tourangeau in a rally to support the funding of music programs in schools.
- The ghosts under our feet: 88...
- President Monson rededicates Ogden Utah Temple
- Little Emmanuel's journey home a tale of...
- A World War II veteran's story: 'I had...
- Mourning family of Mormon missionary finds...
- Watch out for Utah Highway Patrol 'slow-down'...
- Mothers of kidnapped Bountiful girls speak out
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to live
- Supporters for traditional marriage... 158
- Pro same-sex marriage group responds to... 75
- Utah has some of the rudest drivers,... 48
- Police release names of officers... 36
- 5 reasons why Utah is a great place to... 33
- Protest ride results in charges against... 20
- Utah facing affordable housing crisis,... 18
- Mitt Romney to campaign for Mia Love in... 17