The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I keep...
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your marriage?
- Twila Van Leer: What family history treasures...
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also a...
- The Clean Cut: Babies dress up as famous 'old...
- ‘My Story Matters’ gives refugees...
- Young Magna girl struggles to find her voice
- Motherhood Matters: 7 little traditions to...
- Immigration ruling called hurtful, a... 74
- Ask Angela: He won't marry me; should I... 33
- Meet the retired nurse who pays women... 19
- Disney 'princess culture' may not be... 12
- How the tech industry grew a rural Utah... 11
- LDS family stars in new TLC show,... 9
- Erin Stewart: Is nagging hurting your... 7
- ESPN NBA draft expert Chad Ford is also... 7