The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- Wyoming ranked third in US in percentage of...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 17
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2
- Teen chefs compete in state cooking... 2