The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- 10 things to know before going to Salt Lake...
- 5 parenting lessons from movies
- Sutton Foster promises 'an intimate look at...
- Living with Children: Late nights, not school...
- Staying faithful: How the Internet changed...
- Steve Eaton: Hobo tarantulas should get back...
- 10 celebrity couples who have made marriage work
- Study: Action-packed TV might make you snack...
- It's about time the government... 12
- Jim Bennett: The ALS Ice Bucket... 8
- Living with Children: Late nights, not... 4
- Getting ready for Salt Lake Comic Con:... 4
- Linda & Richard Eyre: How media could... 3
- 5 parenting lessons from movies 3
- Staying faithful: How the Internet... 3
- Face time vs. screen time: The... 2