The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- 33 things I want my sons to know
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of daughter's...
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- 3 South Jordan siblings battling rare disease...
- If Pinterest makes you feel like a failure as...
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose marriage,...
- Experts debate whether marriage is needed for...
- Experts debate whether marriage is... 30
- Linda & Richard Eyre: If we lose... 21
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 15
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- Mom battling cancer determined to live... 7
- 'Duck Dynasty' dad approves of... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5