The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- UTubers: Vocal Point director, mom dance to...
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: From 'America's Got...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- BYU's Vocal Point hopes to 'uplift and...
- The U.S. women’s national soccer team...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 85
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 26
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5
- This is what you look like to a newborn... 2
- An 'all-American tradition': Fourth of... 2
- Schwarzenegger and Co. play the... 1
- 'Terminator Genisys': 3 points for parents 1