The Salt Lake Film Society has raised the necessary funds to convert its theaters to digital technology.
The independent cinema group raised $700,000 over the course of a year to accommodate the film industry’s move toward using all-digital projection.
To celebrate the switch and the fundraising feat, the organization will host a “This Is Digital” film series at Broadway Center Cinemas, 111 E. Broadway. The films will be screened at various times March 8-13 and will include “Lawrence of Arabia,” “From Here to Eternity,” “Samsara” and “2001: A Space Odyssey.”
Visit saltlakefilmsociety.org or call 801-321-0310 for a complete schedule or additional information.
- Why 'The Giver' is more relevant than...
- The Clean Cut: 99-year-old woman sews nearly...
- Father of 4 Roger Federer gives...
- Parenting advice that changed my life
- 60 things you might not know about your...
- No ring, no problem for these 10 guys
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of Utah...
- Back (home) to school: Thousands of... 52
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Excerpt from 'The... 32
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney accepts ALS... 27
- How to eat on just $4 a day 16
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common... 14
- Here's what you can do to protect your... 14
- Let kids play outside alone? It should... 10
- Hey moms: Your neighbor's religion... 9