A raise in the minimum wage is only a temporary solution to a problem that the government can't really solve, anyway. Wage is relative. When the minimum wage is raised, eventually everyone's wage is raised. Prices are raised, The person earning the minimum wage is eventually reduced to the same state he or she was at before the minimum wage was raised.
It should be up to the person who is earning the minimum wage to find a way to increase his or her earning power, either through advancement in the current job or through education so that they can qualify for something better.
Loyalty to an employer is a wonderful thing, but it doesn't pay bills. Usually, the employer doesn't reciprocate. It's up to the individual to take the responsibility to take care of themselves.
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- In our opinion: The GOP convention — a...
- John Florez: Justice delayed is justice denied
- My view: More whites should practice meekness...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 36
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 35
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 29
- Letter: Acting presidential 25
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 24
- My view: More whites should practice... 23