New Year's resolution for LDS couple becomes daily reading challenge for thousands
“Our testimonies have grown in many, many ways,” he said. “We have seen that our lives seem happier, our conversations are more positive, our parenting is kinder, our patience is longer and our marriage has been stronger. We find ourselves discussing the scriptures throughout the day and applying them to our lives. Chelsea and I both served missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we agree we have felt the hand of the Lord in motivating us just as we felt on our missions. Reading everyone’s testimonies and drawing from each other's strength has been empowering and exciting.”
The Princes discovered after doing a post asking where their readers are from and learned there are followers in South America, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Australia, Canada and the United States.
They feel that President Gordon B. Hinckley’s promise from August 2005, when he said, “Those who read The Book of Mormon will be blessed with an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a greater resolve to obey his commandments and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God,” has become true for them through the experience.
Ben said he and his wife “have recognized the amazing blessings from being a part of this so-called ‘largest book club of the greatest book ever written,’ ” as one participant told the couple.
Ben Prince added that he and Chelsea are encouraging everyone to join in on the conversation and the challenge of reading The Book of Mormon daily, and that it is never too late to start following.
The Princes live in Glendale, Ariz., and have a daughter, Hadley, who is 18 months old. Ben is in his second year of medical school at Midwestern University.
Sonja Carlson is a graduate of Brigham Young University-Idaho in Communication with an emphasis in journalism and intern for the LDS Church News. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Twitter: sonycarlson
- Germany: Syrian asylum seekers blows himself...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological accounts...
- Taylor Halverson: When former Gov. Boggs'...
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4...
- Online manners improve when real people show up
- Trump sparks activists' quest to register 1...
- See how this forgotten Holocaust history is...
- New subjects of 'Meet the Mormons' share...
- Defending the Faith: Two theological... 37
- Utah man credits God for survival of 4... 26
- President Uchtdorf visits refugees;... 25
- What motivates (the few) evangelicals... 11
- Revealed: What a draft of the... 10
- Donald Trump's 'evangelical moment'... 10
- James Dobson joins evangelicals for Trump 9
- Erin Stewart: Should you teach your... 9