New Year's resolution for LDS couple becomes daily reading challenge for thousands
“Our testimonies have grown in many, many ways,” he said. “We have seen that our lives seem happier, our conversations are more positive, our parenting is kinder, our patience is longer and our marriage has been stronger. We find ourselves discussing the scriptures throughout the day and applying them to our lives. Chelsea and I both served missions for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and we agree we have felt the hand of the Lord in motivating us just as we felt on our missions. Reading everyone’s testimonies and drawing from each other's strength has been empowering and exciting.”
The Princes discovered after doing a post asking where their readers are from and learned there are followers in South America, Europe, Asia, South Africa, Australia, Canada and the United States.
They feel that President Gordon B. Hinckley’s promise from August 2005, when he said, “Those who read The Book of Mormon will be blessed with an added measure of the Spirit of the Lord, a greater resolve to obey his commandments and a stronger testimony of the living reality of the Son of God,” has become true for them through the experience.
Ben said he and his wife “have recognized the amazing blessings from being a part of this so-called ‘largest book club of the greatest book ever written,’ ” as one participant told the couple.
Ben Prince added that he and Chelsea are encouraging everyone to join in on the conversation and the challenge of reading The Book of Mormon daily, and that it is never too late to start following.
The Princes live in Glendale, Ariz., and have a daughter, Hadley, who is 18 months old. Ben is in his second year of medical school at Midwestern University.
Sonja Carlson is a graduate of Brigham Young University-Idaho in Communication with an emphasis in journalism and intern for the LDS Church News. Email: email@example.com Twitter: sonycarlson
- Text of Obama's speech at Hiroshima Peace...
- Parishioners hold last service at church...
- Why the University of Miami plans to hire a...
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to the...
- President Uchtdorf visits Europe, returns to...
- President Uchtdorf recalls being a refugee,...
- New mission presidents
- Friday Minute: An open letter to my...
- Why the University of Miami plans to... 45
- Elizabeth Smart picks BYU rape response... 39
- First-edition Book of Mormon to be part... 18
- Watch: Mormon missionaries rescue... 7
- Why don't more Americans ask faith... 6
- Sherry Young: The trip of a lifetime to... 5
- Remembering Elder L. Tom Perry 1 year... 3
- Case involving Charleston church... 3