Utah Sports Ruckus: Poor Jazz asset management; Jimmer's luck; late charges for NCAA tourney
Jeff Haynes, Associated Press
Last week was a memorable, five-star week in local sports with a couple Utah-connected stories making national headlines (Jimmer Fredette, fight at Utah Valley University game) along with several big results/developments with the Utes and Cougs, six high school basketball champions crowned, and the Jazz in action four times.
There was even a little football news and a hockey fight I philosophically experienced with my 6-year old son.
This new week has potential for a big impact as well.
Discover what’s up, where it’s at, who’s hot and what’s going down by beginning your weekly Utah Sports Ruckus.
Nate Gagon is the author of the weekly sports column, Utah Sports Ruckus, and a contributor for the Deseret News. He is also a tech/media entrepreneur, shoots roughly 94% from the foul line, and can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or @nategagon.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Already impressing: Utah Jazz rookie Dante...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- Midseason recap and awards for BYU and Utah
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Report: Former BYU receiver Cody Hoffman to...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utes top Oregon State in double overtime 114
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 48
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 40
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 36
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26