PRICE — What started as a response to an argument in a motel ended in arrests for investigation of manslaughter and possession and distribution of drugs.
On Saturday, Price City Police responded to a local motel to investigate reports of a man and woman arguing in a room.
Police found Jessica Tawn Jarvis, 34, and Jason Jered Jaimez, 47, had caused the disturbance, according to a statement from Price City Police Captain William D. Barnes.
A responding officer from Carbon County recognized Jaimez' name in connection with a Helper Police investigation, Barnes said. Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson asked for the officers to take Jaimez into custody in connection with their case.
While in custody, officers said they found drug paraphernalia on Jaimez. Further investigation by responding officers led to paraphernalia and drugs "in close proximity" to Jarvis, police said. Police confiscated more than 10 grams of methamphetamine.
Police say Jaimez claimed responsibility for the drugs, but the room was booked under Jarvis' name, the statement said. Jarvis was taken into custody for investigation of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jaimez was booked on investigation of possession with intent to distribute drugs and posession of drug paraphernalia, according to the statement.
A Price City detective interviewed Jaimez in connection with the drug overdose death of a Price man in December, and Jaimez added investigation of distribution of a controlled substance and manslaughter for a separate case, police said.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Once paralyzed, Mormon missionary heading...
- A year later, a look at the Utah decision on...
- Fire rips through Orem structure under...
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on...
- Police: Vernal woman arrested with car full...
- Carbon County deputy saves father, son from...
- Prepackaged caramel apples linked to 4...
- Police looking for man who allegedly fired at...
- Majority of Utahns oppose moving state... 52
- Prison relocation sites down to four as... 50
- Obama signature all that's left in... 39
- Sugar House man intends to sue police,... 35
- A year later, a look at the Utah... 26
- Popular Utah County water recreation... 21
- Anti-police protests tie up traffic on... 19
- Audit: Utah still relies heavily on... 16