PRICE — What started as a response to an argument in a motel ended in arrests for investigation of manslaughter and possession and distribution of drugs.
On Saturday, Price City Police responded to a local motel to investigate reports of a man and woman arguing in a room.
Police found Jessica Tawn Jarvis, 34, and Jason Jered Jaimez, 47, had caused the disturbance, according to a statement from Price City Police Captain William D. Barnes.
A responding officer from Carbon County recognized Jaimez' name in connection with a Helper Police investigation, Barnes said. Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson asked for the officers to take Jaimez into custody in connection with their case.
While in custody, officers said they found drug paraphernalia on Jaimez. Further investigation by responding officers led to paraphernalia and drugs "in close proximity" to Jarvis, police said. Police confiscated more than 10 grams of methamphetamine.
Police say Jaimez claimed responsibility for the drugs, but the room was booked under Jarvis' name, the statement said. Jarvis was taken into custody for investigation of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jaimez was booked on investigation of possession with intent to distribute drugs and posession of drug paraphernalia, according to the statement.
A Price City detective interviewed Jaimez in connection with the drug overdose death of a Price man in December, and Jaimez added investigation of distribution of a controlled substance and manslaughter for a separate case, police said.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- 2 homes, 3 other buildings damaged in...
- Author, activist speaks at Theodore Roosevelt...
- Why Pioneer Day is so important to Utahns
- Too many boaters not stopping for quagga...
- Jordan board calls for special bond election...
- Crash launches engine 100 feet, but seat belt...
- Trial ordered for Springville coach accused...
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of...
- Utah delegates finally stand and cheer... 93
- Utah GOP delegates finally fired up... 74
- The day after: Lee defends Cruz at GOP... 30
- Should mountain biking be allowed in... 28
- Prosecutor rails on DOJ handling of... 18
- Local government board fostered... 16
- 2 charged in attack on gay men;... 16
- Can police-community relations be... 14