PRICE — What started as a response to an argument in a motel ended in arrests for investigation of manslaughter and possession and distribution of drugs.
On Saturday, Price City Police responded to a local motel to investigate reports of a man and woman arguing in a room.
Police found Jessica Tawn Jarvis, 34, and Jason Jered Jaimez, 47, had caused the disturbance, according to a statement from Price City Police Captain William D. Barnes.
A responding officer from Carbon County recognized Jaimez' name in connection with a Helper Police investigation, Barnes said. Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson asked for the officers to take Jaimez into custody in connection with their case.
While in custody, officers said they found drug paraphernalia on Jaimez. Further investigation by responding officers led to paraphernalia and drugs "in close proximity" to Jarvis, police said. Police confiscated more than 10 grams of methamphetamine.
Police say Jaimez claimed responsibility for the drugs, but the room was booked under Jarvis' name, the statement said. Jarvis was taken into custody for investigation of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jaimez was booked on investigation of possession with intent to distribute drugs and posession of drug paraphernalia, according to the statement.
A Price City detective interviewed Jaimez in connection with the drug overdose death of a Price man in December, and Jaimez added investigation of distribution of a controlled substance and manslaughter for a separate case, police said.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Husband and wife of 74 years die hours apart...
- Hundreds search for missing Provo woman who...
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant coach...
- Former Romney finance chairman courting a...
- Ed and Elizabeth Smart make plea for help in...
- Utah construction companies fined, ordered to...
- 22 songs Utahns love singing in the car
- Utah man accused of rape is no stranger to...
- Utah GOP leaders going forward with new... 60
- Josh Romney: I won't run against Sen.... 57
- Former Romney finance chairman courting... 53
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 43
- Why is BYU honoring Robby George, and... 21
- Former wrestlers charged, assistant... 20
- Former Davis High teacher admits to... 19
- Utah high school students unprepared... 15