PRICE — What started as a response to an argument in a motel ended in arrests for investigation of manslaughter and possession and distribution of drugs.
On Saturday, Price City Police responded to a local motel to investigate reports of a man and woman arguing in a room.
Police found Jessica Tawn Jarvis, 34, and Jason Jered Jaimez, 47, had caused the disturbance, according to a statement from Price City Police Captain William D. Barnes.
A responding officer from Carbon County recognized Jaimez' name in connection with a Helper Police investigation, Barnes said. Helper Police Chief Trent Anderson asked for the officers to take Jaimez into custody in connection with their case.
While in custody, officers said they found drug paraphernalia on Jaimez. Further investigation by responding officers led to paraphernalia and drugs "in close proximity" to Jarvis, police said. Police confiscated more than 10 grams of methamphetamine.
Police say Jaimez claimed responsibility for the drugs, but the room was booked under Jarvis' name, the statement said. Jarvis was taken into custody for investigation of possession of methamphetamine and possession of drug paraphernalia.
Jaimez was booked on investigation of possession with intent to distribute drugs and posession of drug paraphernalia, according to the statement.
A Price City detective interviewed Jaimez in connection with the drug overdose death of a Price man in December, and Jaimez added investigation of distribution of a controlled substance and manslaughter for a separate case, police said.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Report: Utah home to 'most impressive'...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Feds: Utah companies accused of... 26
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- New barriers, other security measures... 5