LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden after being hit by car
Photo courtesy of Rex and Nicole Persons family
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary serving in Stockholm Sweden died after being hit by a vehicle, Sunday.
Cody Craynor, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, released the following statement Sunday night:
"Elder Mason Lewis Bailey, age 19, from Richfield, Utah, serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission since July 2013, died after being struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking along a road on their way to an appointment. Elder Bailey's companion was not hit by the car and is uninjured. We are mindful of Elder Bailey's family and loved ones during this difficult time and unite our faith and prayers with all Church members, who mourn at the death of a missionary."
Both the accident and Bailey's death happened on Sunday in Sweden, Craynor said. The church did not release details surrounding the accident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- 'He was large, he was angry, he was bloody,'...
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence of...
- IRS raids properties with possible polygamist...
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close South...
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church property...
- Lee, Stewart urge action on behalf of BYU...
- Friends, family remember sister missionary...
- In this case, wild horses drag them together
- Supporters of Oregon occupier honor... 56
- Riverton sees 550-acre LDS Church... 39
- Survivor of Trolley Square massacre... 29
- Paradigm shift: Fewer Utah juvenile... 18
- Should Utah have 'blended sentences'... 14
- Ex-judge asks Obama to commute sentence... 12
- Salt Lake County may downsize, close... 10
- About Utah: Selling bikes the... 7