LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden after being hit by car
Photo courtesy of Rex and Nicole Persons family
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary serving in Stockholm Sweden died after being hit by a vehicle, Sunday.
Cody Craynor, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, released the following statement Sunday night:
"Elder Mason Lewis Bailey, age 19, from Richfield, Utah, serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission since July 2013, died after being struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking along a road on their way to an appointment. Elder Bailey's companion was not hit by the car and is uninjured. We are mindful of Elder Bailey's family and loved ones during this difficult time and unite our faith and prayers with all Church members, who mourn at the death of a missionary."
Both the accident and Bailey's death happened on Sunday in Sweden, Craynor said. The church did not release details surrounding the accident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Celebrate summer fun with a photographic look...
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- Southern Utah infant dies after being left in...
- Review board clears Salt Lake police officer...
- Police say son beat 70-year-old father to death
- Proposal: Real Salt Lake would pay for minor...
- Uintah County man accused of assaulting...
- Understanding Israel and Hamas: Why this...
- 67 unaccompanied children who crossed... 78
- Republican, Democratic political... 49
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 44
- Cartel presence in Utah 'exploding'... 33
- Pro-Palestinian crowd rallies in Salt... 33
- Review board clears Salt Lake police... 30
- Lawsuit claims State School Board... 29
- Ex-federal judge says West Valley... 26