LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden after being hit by car
Photo courtesy of Rex and Nicole Persons family
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary serving in Stockholm Sweden died after being hit by a vehicle, Sunday.
Cody Craynor, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, released the following statement Sunday night:
"Elder Mason Lewis Bailey, age 19, from Richfield, Utah, serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission since July 2013, died after being struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking along a road on their way to an appointment. Elder Bailey's companion was not hit by the car and is uninjured. We are mindful of Elder Bailey's family and loved ones during this difficult time and unite our faith and prayers with all Church members, who mourn at the death of a missionary."
Both the accident and Bailey's death happened on Sunday in Sweden, Craynor said. The church did not release details surrounding the accident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Scam targets families of LDS missionaries
- LDS missionary Mason Wells returns home 37...
- Arches National Park wants to ID those...
- Utah woman's secret: Ted Bundy tried to kill...
- BYU will buy Provo High School for $25M,...
- Women called heroes for reviving high school...
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah
- Heber boy in custody battle found in Tulsa...
- Poll: 66 percent of Utahns support... 50
- Top 10 names that must be from Utah 49
- BYU will buy Provo High School for... 48
- GOP's hard feelings over SB54 play part... 43
- Waiting on 'young invincibles' 40
- LDS Church hires assistant church... 40
- Sen. Ted Cruz secures second Utah... 27
- Council approves policy banning dating... 25