LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden after being hit by car
Photo courtesy of Rex and Nicole Persons family
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary serving in Stockholm Sweden died after being hit by a vehicle, Sunday.
Cody Craynor, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, released the following statement Sunday night:
"Elder Mason Lewis Bailey, age 19, from Richfield, Utah, serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission since July 2013, died after being struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking along a road on their way to an appointment. Elder Bailey's companion was not hit by the car and is uninjured. We are mindful of Elder Bailey's family and loved ones during this difficult time and unite our faith and prayers with all Church members, who mourn at the death of a missionary."
Both the accident and Bailey's death happened on Sunday in Sweden, Craynor said. The church did not release details surrounding the accident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, Twitter: whitevs7
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking...
- Police stumped about what caused Springville...
- Granite School District reaches agreement...
- Police probing what caused deaths of...
- Heavy rains flood homes, cemetery in Herriman
- About Utah: Baltic Avenue just bought Boardwalk!
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex marriage
- Body of overdue hiker found in Zion National...
- Students rally for beard 'revolution'... 77
- Utah gay marriage case first in line at... 57
- Mia Love declines to make joint... 50
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- Romney, Huntsman may both be taking... 35
- Coast-to-coast horseback ride against... 30
- Utah in wait-and-see mode on same-sex... 22
- 2 Utah companies respond to FDA warning... 18