LDS missionary from Utah dies in Sweden after being hit by car
Photo courtesy of Rex and Nicole Persons family
SALT LAKE CITY — An LDS missionary serving in Stockholm Sweden died after being hit by a vehicle, Sunday.
Cody Craynor, spokesman for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, released the following statement Sunday night:
"Elder Mason Lewis Bailey, age 19, from Richfield, Utah, serving in the Sweden Stockholm Mission since July 2013, died after being struck by a vehicle while he and his companion were walking along a road on their way to an appointment. Elder Bailey's companion was not hit by the car and is uninjured. We are mindful of Elder Bailey's family and loved ones during this difficult time and unite our faith and prayers with all Church members, who mourn at the death of a missionary."
Both the accident and Bailey's death happened on Sunday in Sweden, Craynor said. The church did not release details surrounding the accident.
More information will be provided as it becomes available.
Email: email@example.com, Twitter: whitevs7
- Utah's first family of rodeo: Riding buckin'...
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River as...
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest public...
- Hillary's grace: Watching her daughter...
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving preparing...
- Traditions old and new celebrated as Temple...
- Local cowboys: A new foursome for the...
- Students hope to invent windows of the future
- Ogden woman sues trooper, alleging he... 36
- Olene Walker, "one of Utah's finest... 15
- Man steals woman's boarding pass,... 13
- The new Thanksgiving tradition: A quick... 11
- MTC missionaries spend Thanksgiving... 10
- Utah liquor consumption is up, but... 8
- Tanker crash sends oil into Provo River... 6
- D.A. declines to file charges against... 5