Utah State basketball: Aggies pick up big road win at San Jose State
Marcio Jose Sanchez, AP
The Utah State Aggies defeated the San Jose State State Spartans 75-58 in San Jose on Saturday.
Spencer Butterfield led Utah State with 22 points and seven rebounds, including six 3-pointers. Jarred Shaw put up a double-double with 19 points and 17 rebounds in the win.
D.J. Brown led the Spartans with 15 points.
Utah State jumped out to a quick 12-0 lead at the start of first half and never relinquished the lead throughout the game. Utah State's largest lead in the first was 14 points on a Kyle Davis free throw put the score at 32-18.
San Jose State briefly cut Utah State’s lead to six halfway through the second half but couldn’t cut the deficit any closer than that. Utah State poured it on at the end of the game for the final margin.
The win was coach Stew Morrill’s No. 600 victory of his career.
A win on the road at San Jose State was exactly what Utah State needed to get back on track in preparation for the Mountain West Conference tournament. The Aggies finish their regular season at home against Wyoming, and the conference tournament starts on March 12.
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- BYU offense offers sneak peek for fans in...
- Former longtime Utah Jazz broadcaster Hot Rod...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes as...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- BYU players work out at Pro Day in hopes of...
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in spite...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 101
- Guest commentary: Utah Jazz face an... 31
- Can Utes turn Sweet 16 dance into date... 28
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 27
- Photo gallery and video replay: BYU... 23
- Home games on the Sabbath: RSL... 21
- Dick Harmon: Henderson joins other BYU... 20
- Jazz lose to undermanned, tired... 16