Commentary: Utah State football's way-too-early position-by-position breakdown
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah State's second season in the Mountain West Conference begins in 183 days as the Aggies travel to Neyland Stadium to face Tennessee of the SEC. Even though spring camp opens on March 3, it's still way too early to do any sort of position-by-position breakdown.
We're doing it anyway. After all, is it ever really too early to talk college football?
Utah State is the state's program on the rise, and there's plenty of reasons for optimism headed into 2014. Chuckie Keeton should be healthy before the start of the 2014 season, and USU's defense looks as solid as ever. Utah State could very well be the favorite to win the Mountain West in 2014.
Lafe Peavler is a sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 120
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 29
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 24
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 19