Commentary: Utah State football's way-too-early position-by-position breakdown
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah State's second season in the Mountain West Conference begins in 183 days as the Aggies travel to Neyland Stadium to face Tennessee of the SEC. Even though spring camp opens on March 3, it's still way too early to do any sort of position-by-position breakdown.
We're doing it anyway. After all, is it ever really too early to talk college football?
Utah State is the state's program on the rise, and there's plenty of reasons for optimism headed into 2014. Chuckie Keeton should be healthy before the start of the 2014 season, and USU's defense looks as solid as ever. Utah State could very well be the favorite to win the Mountain West in 2014.
Lafe Peavler is a sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not going...
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball strength coach...
- Utah offensive coordinator Dave Christensen...
- Video: Former USU running back Robert...
- Utah Jazz legend John Stockton, Weber State...
- Brady Poppinga: Confronting an unlikely opponent
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl game brawl
- These 14 Utahns reminded us why we love...
- Wild one: Memphis edges BYU in... 174
- Sitake, Tuiaki leaving Utah for Oregon... 116
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in free-for-all... 97
- Dick Harmon: Cougar bowl loss kind of... 59
- Miami Beach Bowl ends in brawl between... 52
- Brad Rock: Bowl drama shows BYU not... 51
- Both BYU and Memphis to review bowl... 48
- Report: Video games experts, BYU head... 45