Commentary: Utah State football's way-too-early position-by-position breakdown
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah State's second season in the Mountain West Conference begins in 183 days as the Aggies travel to Neyland Stadium to face Tennessee of the SEC. Even though spring camp opens on March 3, it's still way too early to do any sort of position-by-position breakdown.
We're doing it anyway. After all, is it ever really too early to talk college football?
Utah State is the state's program on the rise, and there's plenty of reasons for optimism headed into 2014. Chuckie Keeton should be healthy before the start of the 2014 season, and USU's defense looks as solid as ever. Utah State could very well be the favorite to win the Mountain West in 2014.
Lafe Peavler is a sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Royals Pitcher Jeremy Guthrie expresses...
- Keeping it rolling: Utes top Trojans in... 88
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 53
- High school football: State tournament... 49
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32