Commentary: Utah State football's way-too-early position-by-position breakdown
Ravell Call, Deseret News
Utah State's second season in the Mountain West Conference begins in 183 days as the Aggies travel to Neyland Stadium to face Tennessee of the SEC. Even though spring camp opens on March 3, it's still way too early to do any sort of position-by-position breakdown.
We're doing it anyway. After all, is it ever really too early to talk college football?
Utah State is the state's program on the rise, and there's plenty of reasons for optimism headed into 2014. Chuckie Keeton should be healthy before the start of the 2014 season, and USU's defense looks as solid as ever. Utah State could very well be the favorite to win the Mountain West in 2014.
Lafe Peavler is a sports writer for the Deseret News. Follow him on Twitter @LafePeavler
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at No. 3...
- 16 Mormon pop culture moments from 2014-15
- Dick Harmon: Utes, Cougars take center stage...
- High school basketball tournaments: Pairings,...
- 5A boys state tournament roundup: Layton...
- Utes come up short in Pac-12 battle with Arizona
- Layton steps up big late to secure a 48-46...
- Peavler: BYU and Utah would both be... 92
- Holmoe talks about bowl brawl... 83
- Dick Harmon: Holmoe's outward interest... 63
- Utes bounce back, blast Sun Devils 50
- BYU shocks No. 3 Gonzaga 73-70 36
- Morning links: Utah coaching job... 30
- Morning links: Examining BYU's at-large... 29
- BYU looking forward to big showdown at... 25